Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an interesting request from my dealership yesterday....they want me to be in a tv commercial! They said they often use "regular customers" in their advertising and since I bought their first Fiesta they wondered if I'd be in a commercial. I've never been asked to do anything like that in my life but hey, I'm game. I said yes. Filming is this Saturday.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I received an interesting request from my dealership yesterday....they want me to be in a tv commercial! They said they often use "regular customers" in their advertising and since I bought their first Fiesta they wondered if I'd be in a commercial. I've never been asked to do anything like that in my life but hey, I'm game. I said yes. Filming is this Saturday.
Go for it! If nothing else, you will always have professional video of your new Fiesta. I did a radio commercial a few years ago at our local car dealer. I was all smiles and relaxed right up until he put the microphone in my face. :eek:

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
That's cool! I hope you're getting some nice compensation too. Actors would cost them at least a couple thousand. :) Definitely insist on a copy of the video!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's cool! I hope you're getting some nice compensation too. Actors would cost them at least a couple thousand. :) Definitely insist on a copy of the video!
well, it's not a couple thousand dollars (that would be nice!) but they are giving me $150.00 in store credit....and a memorable experience.

·
Registered
413 Posts
well, it's not a couple thousand dollars (that would be nice!) but they are giving me $150.00 in store credit....and a memorable experience.
Congratulations, Jackie! I'll be watching for the commercial. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here! Whats the name of the dealership? Let us know when they release it too the TV waves.
It's Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City, MO. Honestly, I've never noticed their TV commercials so I don't know when they generally air them. Probably during local news. I'll let y'all know any particulars once I have them.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We'll all be watching and say we knew you before you got famous ;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
It's Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City, MO. Honestly, I've never noticed their TV commercials so I don't know when they generally air them. Probably during local news. I'll let y'all know any particulars once I have them.
Really? I see them all the time, and I barely watch tv!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Just read over all the legal stuff before it.

Chances are, there will be some mention of your compensation and terms. It sounds like you're only getting $150, and that's it. So, you may not be able for additional compensation, in case, say maybe Ford uses it and/or that commercial gets aired to more people and/or more channels.

Oh, and make sure you check with your employer if you can do something like this. Some employers may not care, but some might not like the fact that you're promoting something that they don't want to be indirectly a part of (either wearing a readily-identifiable company uniform or you're well known in your community that could cause someone to mistakenly think that the company is endorsing that dealership).

Yeah...a lot of legal stuff, but stuff like this does happen.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The filming for the commercial was a fun experience! :) It only took about 40 minutes and was pretty laid back, just a producer, a cameraman and me. They had me stand next to a silver sedan in the showroom with the regular Saturday dealership business going on around us. The producer stayed out of camera range and just asked me a bunch of questions, mostly related to the dealership and my buying experience. They did of course ask some specific questions about the Fiesta, too. Since I love my car so much it wasn't hard for me to speak enthusiastically about that. I wish they would have used my Lime Squeeze hatchback in the shots, though...it's so much more eye-catching than a silver sedan. But, that's what was in the showroom so that's what we used.

Earlier in the day they had also filmed a couple of other folks. Someone who bought a pick-up truck and another person who bought an Explorer (I think that's what they said it was). At this point there isn't a specific air date for the commercials but they indicated it might be as early as September. They weren't sure if my Fiesta spot would run before the other 2 pieces or if they'd elect to hold it until October. They're going to let me know more details once its edited and scheduled for air.

I've decided I'm going to use the store credit they gave me in payment to buy a full set of molded mud flaps. With winter not too far off I thought they would be a good addition to my car.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just read over all the legal stuff before it.

Chances are, there will be some mention of your compensation and terms. It sounds like you're only getting $150, and that's it. So, you may not be able for additional compensation, in case, say maybe Ford uses it and/or that commercial gets aired to more people and/or more channels.

Oh, and make sure you check with your employer if you can do something like this. Some employers may not care, but some might not like the fact that you're promoting something that they don't want to be indirectly a part of (either wearing a readily-identifiable company uniform or you're well known in your community that could cause someone to mistakenly think that the company is endorsing that dealership).

Yeah...a lot of legal stuff, but stuff like this does happen.:rolleyes:
It was just a standard release. There wasn't much to it. It's too late to say anything to the people I work for but I don't see them having any issues with it. One co. I work for is in another state and the other job I have is just part-time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts