Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Lime SES hatchback yesterday. While I'm waiting on it to get to Austin from San Antonio, I'm wondering if there is a good way to mount my iPhone. On my old Avalon, I had a mount that clipped into the vent, but I would rather avoid blocking the vent again. Has anyone found anything that works well?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I bought a Lime SES hatchback yesterday. While I'm waiting on it to get to Austin from San Antonio, I'm wondering if there is a good way to mount my iPhone. On my old Avalon, I had a mount that clipped into the vent, but I would rather avoid blocking the vent again. Has anyone found anything that works well?
You should be able to Sync your phone and then it doesn't need to be "mounted" anywhere because your calls can be answered by pushing the button on your steering wheel. My android phone stays in my purse or on my belt clip.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What she said. But i'm not sure sync supports I-phones due to some dissagreement with apple on royalties probably. However my android phone works awesome with it, I can leave it in my pocket and control all of my songs and I can even control pandora with the steering wheel buttons and sync button.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sync definitely supports the iPhone (and probably wouldn't do very well if it didn't). While I'm waiting on my small economy car to come in, the dealer gave me a gas guzzling F-150 (go figure), so I've been playing with Sync with my iPhone a bit. I'm loving the way it works. I'll be switching to Android as well in a couple of months.

I would still like a mounting solution, so I would love to hear ideas!

·
Registered
343 Posts
The tom-tom one is nice if you plan on using gps software like "copilot live"

·
Registered
21 Posts
My iPhone has worked very well with Sync in a variety of rental cars. Connecting two iPhones confused it, however, recently in a rental Taurus.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you want to mount your iPhone (for a bigger compass, navigation with map, etc) they sell mounts that go into the powerpoint or have a suction mount to the dash/glass, etc.

Just Google for alternatives or check out Apple Store!

I plan to get an iPhone 4 and saw many of the mounts on the net!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts