Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to ask this, but I can't ask the dealer until Monday (when hopefully we get the car
), but does the car come with a cable to go from the iPod dock port to the USB and from the headphone jack to the AUX input jack, or what? I was wondering if we were going to get told we needed to buy something else to hook the iPod up. TIA!

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
You need your iPod to USB cable, which can be bought from your local Mac store.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah, even though I already have a USB to iPod cable for home use I plan on buying another just to keep in the Fiesta. One less item to carry back and forth.

I would like to buy a black cable though instead of the white one that came with the iPod....something to blend in nicely with the charcoal interior.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sorry to ask this, but I can't ask the dealer until Monday (when hopefully we get the car
), but does the car come with a cable to go from the iPod dock port to the USB and from the headphone jack to the AUX input jack, or what? I was wondering if we were going to get told we needed to buy something else to hook the iPod up. TIA!
You didn't mention whether you have SYNC or not, and it makes all the difference here. If you do NOT have Sync, then you use a cord that will come with the car (and be in the glovebox) and operate the iPod by hand. It will link from the headphone output to an insert point near the gear shift.

If you DO have Sync, then bring your Apple-provided white USB cord into the car with you, connect it to the USB jack that will also be near the gear shift. With this arrangement, you can play the iPod through Sync's voice commands.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, even though I already have a USB to iPod cable for home use I plan on buying another just to keep in the Fiesta. One less item to carry back and forth.

I would like to buy a black cable though instead of the white one that came with the iPod....something to blend in nicely with the charcoal interior.
Luckily we've got a spare, but the USB cable is all you need then? (I just saw your post, MegEtc, we do have SYNC) I agree that you need a black one.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Luckily we've got a spare, but the USB cable is all you need then? (I just saw your post, MegEtc, we do have SYNC) I agree that you need a black one.
Yes, the USB cable and the iPod are all you need. But I was so excited the first time I forgot to look up the Sync verbal commands:

The Sync command to just get it running and go is to hit the Sync button and say "USB" then when she confirms you are in the USB menu say "Play All"

You can TRY to get her to play a song or a playlist, but I have to warn you she needs some time to learn your voice. You could try "Play Playlist XXX" and see if she understands you (that's the only command of mine she understands). I had to change my playlist names to easy words like "New" and "Old" because that was easier for her to understand.

I ended up just using my iPod like a gigantic shuffle and deleting anything I didn't want her to play, because I cannot stand her misunderstanding me anymore.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes, the USB cable is all you need. The Fiesta will even charge your iPod while it is plugged into the USB port.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts