Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend who just got his Fiesta is going crazy, since his daily commutes usually end up peppering the nose of his car with varying amounts of sticky bug spatter. He wanted me to ask if an aftermarket mask/bra has been made for the Fiesta; he's had them on his other cars for years and always had good luck with them. David went to his dealership last week and Parts said Ford doesn't offer a protective cover for the Fiesta, or at least his dealership doesn't have it listed in their database at this time.

I never cared for front-end masks, they can end up trapping moisture behind the cover even though it is supposed to evaporate.

Harry

·
Registered
343 Posts
A friend who just got his Fiesta is going crazy, since his daily commutes usually end up peppering the nose of his car with varying amounts of sticky bug spatter. He wanted me to ask if an aftermarket mask/bra has been made for the Fiesta; he's had them on his other cars for years and always had good luck with them. David went to his dealership last week and Parts said Ford doesn't offer a protective cover for the Fiesta, or at least his dealership doesn't have it listed in their database at this time.

I never cared for front-end masks, they can end up trapping moisture behind the cover even though it is supposed to evaporate.

Harry
several people on this forum have had clear bras installed (basically vinyl or something)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I am installing clear headlight protector film from XPELTech. I used Lamin-X on my SVT Focus for 5 years and never had an issue with chips on the headlights. The same stuff can be added to hoods, and bumper covers. I am planning on adding some to the side skirts, rear spats, and rear bumper cover for extra protection.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would have thought dashmats would be more in demand than bra's, and there isn't a dashmat available yet. Kinda doubt a 'regular' front end bra is either. I just did the clear nose wrap/film. BTW, there was no pattern for it yet either and the place that did mine had to do it from scratch.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Clear nose wrap

Doesn't that stuff yellow and crack after time or is it acutally pretty good on the painted surface?

·
Registered
316 Posts
$99 to cover just the front few inches of the hood and the mirrors

FORD FIESTA SE 2010 2011 3M CLEAR BRA PAINT PROTECTION: eBay Motors (item 150475370048 end time Sep-01-10 17:27:50 PDT)

and

$244 to cover same as above plus the front fender

FORD FIESTA SE 2010 2011 3M CLEAR BRA PAINT PROTECTION: eBay Motors (item 400141237331 end time Sep-01-10 17:57:16 PDT)

Already cut to size on a plotter. If you got attention to detail and you're patient, then the install is easy. If not, then go to a big tint shop as some tint shops do these too and they probably get a nice deal on the material and the end cost might not be much more then you buying the material and installing yourself. I'd go with 3m scotchguard myself. Sure expel is good too

https://www.xpel.com/products/paint_protection_kits.asp?prevtype=1&prevyear=2011&prevmake=12&prevmodel=918&prevsubmodel=6860&prevseries=0&type=1&year=2011&make=12&model=918&submodel=6860&series=1483

, but 3m always makes quaility products and usually sets the standards.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$99 to cover just the front few inches of the hood and the mirrors

FORD FIESTA SE 2010 2011 3M CLEAR BRA PAINT PROTECTION: eBay Motors (item 150475370048 end time Sep-01-10 17:27:50 PDT)

and

$244 to cover same as above plus the front fender

FORD FIESTA SE 2010 2011 3M CLEAR BRA PAINT PROTECTION: eBay Motors (item 400141237331 end time Sep-01-10 17:57:16 PDT)

Already cut to size on a plotter. If you got attention to detail and you're patient, then the install is easy. If not, then go to a big tint shop as some tint shops do these too and they probably get a nice deal on the material and the end cost might not be much more then you buying the material and installing yourself. I'd go with 3m scotchguard myself. Sure expel is good too

https://www.xpel.com/products/paint_protection_kits.asp?prevtype=1&prevyear=2011&prevmake=12&prevmodel=918&prevsubmodel=6860&prevseries=0&type=1&year=2011&make=12&model=918&submodel=6860&series=1483

, but 3m always makes quaility products and usually sets the standards.
Thanks! I will pass this info along to my friend.

Harry :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts