Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to have the heated seats and chrome on the exterior, but I really dislike the idea of having a push-start system. Using a manual key just seems much safer and I'm less likely to lose my key that way. I tried seeing if I could add on the chrome and seats separately, but didn't see that option.

Also, do heated seats have to be leather?

·
Registered
324 Posts
If I have it right, the SES/SEL trim level comes with the heated seats and chrome trim you are talking about, but NOT the push-button start. That is the 301A upgrade option. If you order the SES without the 301A package, you will get your heated seats and chrome, but not the push-button start and keyless entry.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes, the 301A has push-start. No, you can get heated seats without leather.

But I must say I looooove the push-start. Why would you think it's not as safe? i put the fob in my pocket and never take it out until I get home. I now wish my house had it!

I believe you can order a winter package for the heated seats, but you won't get the chrome or alarm if you go that route.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was wrong, too. Just checked Ford's website--the winter package is only on the SE, not the SES. If you want heated seats on an SES, you must add the 301A. It's an all-or-nothing package--chrome, heated seats, push-button start, and alarm. None are available separately.

·
Registered
343 Posts
the push start is great (and I admit, i was very skeptical of it prior to riding in my wife's)... i see no reason to avoid it :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure it's probably very safe, I guess I'm just so used to using a regular key that makes anything else seem too strange. With my current car, I need to use the button that's on the key to lock the car, so there's no chance of me lockin myself out. I don't really know much about the push-start, so I'll do a little more research to see how it works exactly.

Sorry if my posts seem a little incoherent. Not a morning person!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm sure it's probably very safe, I guess I'm just so used to using a regular key that makes anything else seem too strange. With my current car, I need to use the button that's on the key to lock the car, so there's no chance of me lockin myself out. I don't really know much about the push-start, so I'll do a little more research to see how it works exactly.

Sorry if my posts seem a little incoherent. Not a morning person!
With the remote in ypur pocket or purse you never have to worry about locking your self out of the car either. The pushbutton start remote also has a key hidden inside in case the battery dies you can still get in the car.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I too was very doubtful about the push-button start but I have to say I love it too and I agree that since your key never leaves your pocket you're less likely to loose it. Be careful when you wash your pants though, it's easy to forget it's in there!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was wrong, too. Just checked Ford's website--the winter package is only on the SE, not the SES. If you want heated seats on an SES, you must add the 301A. It's an all-or-nothing package--chrome, heated seats, push-button start, and alarm. None are available separately.
301A is the package we specified for our Fiesta. We also added the exterior protection package that includes mudguards and a clear-coat protective layer on the rear bumper, just below the hatch.

Not crazy about how the mudguards look, but (aesthetics aside) around here they are constantly repairing the roads so anything that will keep fresh asphalt/oil off the Fiesta's wheelwells/rocker panels is worth it to us.

Harry

·
Registered
227 Posts
the push start is great (and I admit, i was very skeptical of it prior to riding in my wife's)... i see no reason to avoid it :)
We ordered the option because my wife always has trouble finding her car keys, especially when those keys are buried deep down inside one of those big purses she usually carries. This option will give her one less minor hassle to contend with, when she's tired after working a 12-hour shift (overnight) at the hospital and just wants to get home asap.

Harry

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd love to have the heated seats and chrome on the exterior, but I really dislike the idea of having a push-start system. Using a manual key just seems much safer and I'm less likely to lose my key that way. I tried seeing if I could add on the chrome and seats separately, but didn't see that option.

Also, do heated seats have to be leather?
The only thing about push-button start that really concerns me is that the steering wheel apparently doesn't lock (so I am hearing) when you press the Start/Stop button and exit the car.

We'll get used to it, but I do still wish that Ford could have engineered a locking wheel that would have worked with the push-button start system.

Harry

·
Registered
984 Posts
Something I found out accidently yesterday was if you push the start/stop button while the car is moving it does not shut the car off even if in neutral . But if you push the button while in drive or low and stopped it does shut off .
The way I found this out was actually funny because I had a phone call come in and when I was done talking for some reason I thought that I should push that button to hang up. It isn't like this was the first call I had taken in the car or on any SYNC system but I guess I just had a brain fart and wanted to push the button . :)

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'd love to have the heated seats and chrome on the exterior, but I really dislike the idea of having a push-start system.....
I don't like a push-start system either. I used to have a '61 VW with a bad starter and found that a good "push and pop-the-clutch" in reverse was pretty reliable. But that was in Florida which doesn't have many hills and now I live in California with a lot of hills, so I no longer like push-starting. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts