Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been forever since I posted here but I received something in the mail and was wondering if it would be worth doing. I can’t believe my baby is already 4 1/2 years old, seems like I just got her. She’s a 2014 SE hatchback with almost 70,000 miles and has been a great car with no issues.

Ford is doing a buy back promotion and is claiming to give me an above market reimbursement allowance of $7,066 plus an additional $1,000, $0 down and 0% financing for 72 months if I go this Saturday. Now whether I would actually get the full amount is to be seen as it’s dependent on mileage and other factors. I still owe on the car (about $1,150).

My car has the appearance and cold weather packages along with a sunroof and remote start. I would want the same in my next car. I bought the extended warranty and that will be up when it reaches 5 years, so you know that’s when everything is going to start to go wrong with it. That’s why I’m wondering if I should get a new one or just run this one into the ground.

I’ve been very lucky in having no issues with this car except for the crappy transmission, but I knew that going into it. If I wait until it’s older, I won’t get much for a trade in value and my payments will be higher.

I was surprised to see that Ford was still selling them in the US, I thought they were stopping that.

So all opinions are welcomed! Do you think it’s worth trading in now or hold onto it until it becomes a money pit? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Fiesta SE and it's my understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong) the Fiesta won't be available in 2019.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
As I understand it, May of '19 is when Fiesta and Taurus production stops ... meaning a 2020 model year is not too likely. I'd go with a '19 if you can get a happy-happy deal and the options you want. Seriously.

I'm waiting to see what happens with my Fusion as nothing has been specifically stated about final production end. Also there is a RUMOR that the hybrid and plug-in lines will remain and gas models go. <shrug> Still waiting to find out something on that. I too got an offer to upgrade to a '19 but I only have one more payment and I'm not quite ready to get another car payment so damn soon.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you like the car (I do) get one while you can, I just bought a 18 Titanium they are not making the Titanium after this year and I wanted the push button start that is not available on the SE. I got a really good deal : $3000.00 rebate and more than the car is worth for my trade, my final price was less than I paid for my 11 SE.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to 2 dealerships and the one I bought my current Fiesta at gave me the best deal so I will be bringing my new 2018 Fiesta hatchback SE home on Saturday. It’s exactly what I have now (appearance and winter pkgs, sunroof, and remote start) except for the color, I decided to go with Hot Pepper Red. B33B750A-5936-450B-80C6-A26FF1105995.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Saw the ST Line at the auto show. It was stickered at 20k with the sunroof package and manual tranny. With discounts could easily be a 17k car. That’s a fair price for a good looking great handling car. Wish it came with the 1.0

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brought my new baby home today and I love the color and wheels! I was very surprised to discover it has a backup camera.

BC39765C-4BC8-4928-B224-624C06918AE7.jpg

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
not too shabby at all! Depending on how they implemented the camera, you may find that it gets all shmutzed up in rainy or snowy weather. My Fusion it's just left of center on the logo and that happens to be where the back end gets most of the crud.

Have a small cloth handy for quick wipes or do what I do - wipe with the finger and flick the junk off! <grin> Have fun!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts