Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed today that inside the rear wheel arches behind the tires, there's no hard-plastic liner to protect against water splashing backwards. The liner that's installed back there inside both arches feels like a kind of hard fiberboard with a felt-like covering over it. To the touch it has that "cloth-like" feel to it, and this concerns me a little where long-term durability is concerned.

Are your cars like this as well? Just wondering..

Harry :confused:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, I have noticed this too. The liner seems similar to the liner found in the trunk.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Yes this is normal. I have seen this also on luxury cars also. I also had it on my scion if i remember correctly. Just cheaper and never had a problem with it. But yes its probably not as good as plastic. Here is some info i found on a quick google search for you. :D http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85128-how-do-you-deal-fabric-wheel-wells.html
I can guarantee that it's synthetic and that means plastic. Any organic material wouldn't hold up. I'm sure it's better than hard plastic for sound deadening and it's probably more flexible which would make it more durable.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Yes I noticed the rear wheel liner is fuzzy when I got my Fiesta home and on ramps :D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sound deadening was the reason I was thinking also. Especially when stones & pebbles get kicked up or fly off the tires.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thanks to you all. I feel a lot better about this now, for sure. I also noticed our new Fiesta has an underhood sound-deadening pad, that's something that even our '05 Focus (A ZX3 SES) didn't have!

Harry :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nothing is cheaper then hard plastic. I am guessing this is a premium feature :)

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Focuses have had that type of a liner since 2000. It reduces NVH, deadens sound, and I have not had any issues with them with the over 200,000 combined miles of Focuses, and a Fiesta.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts