Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it will give you nine cents change.

Well I finally got my BIG BRAKES installed.

Here are the FRONT install photos.

You need to grind down this flashing

Don’t be afraid to take away a little metal.

Next install the spacer, this moves the caliper out to accommodate the larger rotor.

Install the new rotor.

Re-install your caliper. New pads should be put on with the new rotor.

I do have and will install SS brake hoses.

Here are the REAR install photos.

First remove all the drum brake components.

Because the backing plate is no longer used the Wheel Speed sensor protrudes too far.

Remove the sensor and install washers to make up the thickness of the backing plate.

Re-install the hub along with the adaptor. You will use 3 new bolts and 1 original one.

Next install the rotor and caliper bracket.

Install the calipers, new pads, and SS brake hose.

I will be installing the E-Brake cable next.

Dave

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
interesting... they move the front calipers instead of replacing them you can use OE Fiesta pads. nice! will OE 16-inch wheels still fit on the front? what are the rear calipers from? Focus ST170/SVT or ZX4 ST?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the kit from pumaspeed?
Yes this is the PumaSpeed kit.
You could buy the needed parts from them and get the calipers, brackets, and rotors (Brembo if you like) locally.

I hope to install the E-Brake cable and the front SS hoses Friday afternoon.

Dave

·
Registered
266 Posts
So, this kit includes a proper ebraks cable as well?

I am also interested in which calipre the kit uses in the rear, as well as the pad choice. Most of the drum-disc rear kits use some custom job for the brake pads.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
All Ford parts.

The rear calipers are from any '02 - '05 Focus. (with rear disk of course)
If you go with the standard 255 mm rear rotors then the caliper brackets and rotors also are from any '02 - '05 Focus.

I chose to use the larger 270 mm rear rotor.
For this the caliper brackets must come from the SVT Focus. (these brackets are vary hard to find)

The E-Brake cable is a FORD part. (I cannot disclose from what)

Dave

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Hmm, very interested in the front brake upgrade. I could run the larger rotors in the summer with the 17" wheels, and stock rotors in the winter with the 15" wheels. I really like how it uses the factory calipers and pads. From a cost and shipping standpoint, it would be nice if you could buy the front caliper adapter seperate from the rotors and pads. Buying a set of Focus rotors and OE pads locally would be cheaper than buying rotors, pads, adapters from the UK and shipping them here.

·
Registered
157 Posts
That looks awesome. I wonder how much just the brackets and e-brake cale would be as everything else could be sourced from around here.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I wonder if PumaSpeed would be interested in a group buy for US owners to buy the aluminum front caliper adapters so we can source the rotors and pads here. Does anyone know for sure if the front rotors are from the SVT/ST170 Focus? If that is correct and the adapters can be ordered seperately, I would order the adapters today!

I am going to be in the market soon for new rotors and pads for the summer (I reuse the old rotors in the winter) and would rather upgrade the rotor size if possible. I might have an extra set of SVT Focus front rotors left over that I could have turned and use with the adapters, if ineed they are the correct rotor. They won't fit with my 15" snowies, so the stocks would go on for the winter.

eRic, the SVT rotors will fit on 16" wheels with no problems. I ran 16" Focus wheels on my SVT Focus for the winter.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The front setup is available in two sizes.
Standard Focus and SVT.
Yes, they will sell you just the parts needed.

Dave

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Awesome! I will email PumaSpeed about a price on the adapters and hardware, along with a search to see if I still have the extra set of SVT Focus rotors.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
yes, I can do that. I am in contact with them about the adapters. They are working up a price for just the adapters since they have not created a price structure to sell them outside of the kit.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts