Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. But, I am back, but in limited form.

I can only speak on my behalf, as I am not authorized by FMC to speak for them, obviously, unless it is through an official communication tool. (This is not one of them) But, hey, I was trying to help.

Here is what happened.

I may have been working outside of my employment regs by posting communications here about your vehicles.

That was my bad, as I was just trying to help/.

But, I will tell you that you can call us at 1-800-301-8348 and whomever you speak with can help you just as much as I can.
W are open M-F 8-8 EST, and Myself, Megan, Meg, or Mahi can help you with tracking your vehicle.

So, I am only posting as myself, and no longer as a Ford employee.

(No, I did not get fired)

Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Everyone!

I can only speak on my behalf, as I am not authorized by FMC to speak for them, obviously, unless it is through an official communication tool. (This is not one of them) But, hey, I was trying to help.

Here is what happened.

I may have been working outside of my employment regs by posting communications here about your vehicles.

But, I will tell you that you can call us at 1-800-301-8348 and whomever you speak with can help you just as much as I can.
W are open M-F 8-8 EST, and Myself, Megan, Meg, or Mahi can help you with tracking your vehicle.

Thanks everyone!!
I think it's great that you are here. It shows you are either a fan or you just care about your work. Although it might be nice if an authorized Ford rep did take part in these boards, if that is not your place then its not your place.

I must say you are very brave though, to post here with your real name!

Even though I'm very unhappy about my missing Fiesta, I'm sorry your team is getting the majority of the heat for the delays.

Hopefully I'll get an email from your team soon. I can't call anymore because all this heat and no car is making me too grumpy to have a normal conversation about it.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Welcome back from vacation Matt! I am glad to hear you did not get fired as you are the best reservation agent there! Thanks again for all of your help. I will be sending you some links to my Flickr site where I am posting pics of my Fiesta going together.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Everyone!

Here is what happened.

Thanks everyone!!
Do you have to have a name that starts with M to work there!? :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Interesting -- The major complaint all around this forum concerns the lack of production and shipment tracking information of customer orderred vehicles from Ford. Just when it appears we have an advocate willing to share a bit more information, he is silenced by management. I don't want to make accusations or read more into it than the situation warrats, but I find it fascinating.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interesting -- The major complaint all around this forum concerns the lack of production and shipment tracking information of customer orderred vehicles from Ford. Just when it appears we have an advocate willing to share a bit more information, he is silenced by management. I don't want to make accusations or read more into it than the situation warrats, but I find it fascinating.
What things appear to be, and what is really happening, are two very different things.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have to have a name that starts with M to work there!? :)
Yes, yes you do. So, sorry, you're out!! :D:D

Not really, we had another agent that was supposed to be on the team and her name started with an R, but she couldn't do it due to medical reasons.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That would be Sam de la Garza. Maybe Scott Monty should also join this board?
Sam hasn't replied to my email either. That's the frustrating part. It truly seems that no one cares to explain why orders produced in June are being delivered when my February order is still at the factory. A weather delay would have caused delays to all the orders, not just the oldest ones. :confused:

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Matthew, everyone here appreciates and respects your presence on these forums. It's unfortunate that Ford failed to see how much of a positive impact your assistance for its customers has been. It's an error on Ford's part of asking you to trim down your activity like this, but you are still a welcome and valued member of the forums.

We can all say that whatever pressure you may have endured on behalf of your voice here is regretted by the community.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Matthew, everyone here appreciates and respects your presence on these forums. It's unfortunate that Ford failed to see how much of a positive impact your assistance for its customers has been. It's an error on Ford's part of asking you to trim down your activity like this, but you are still a welcome and valued member of the forums.

We can all say that whatever pressure you may have endured on behalf of your voice here is regretted by the community.
+1. Well said.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I appreciate you being here in whatever capacity, Matthew. If it weren't for your generosity of time I wouldn't know where my car is! :)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Yes, yes you do. So, sorry, you're out!! :D:D

Not really, we had another agent that was supposed to be on the team and her name started with an R, but she couldn't do it due to medical reasons.
I can't believe there are only 4 agents. You are greatly outnumbered based on the number of reservations that were made. Wasn't there like 1000 of them in the first week? Can you say how many in total when it closed?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can't believe there are only 4 agents. You are greatly outnumbered based on the number of reservations that were made. Wasn't there like 1000 of them in the first week? Can you say how many in total when it closed?
YEah, the four of us are all that was chosen. But, I think we did pretty good, and the people I worked with are awesome!

Yeah, we did get like 1,000 total in the first week IIRC. I don't know if Media.ford.com shows any final numbers.

I will search and see.

ETA: The only one I see was this one http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=32031 and it says 6,000 reservations. I am not sure if tht is the final tally or not.

All I know is that I have very much enjoyed this project. It's been a blast! Even met some cool people along the way.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey Everyone!

Here is what happened.

Thanks everyone!!
This is why I don't post any official information from Fords tech site. I will make reference to it but don't copy and paste from it to here.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Matt,

Frankly you were certainly a breath of fresh air when it comes to the very closed world of automotive companies...

Openly communicating with your customers in a direct, and forthright way is like money in the bank....IN THE LONG RUN. Of course you don't want to give away the store to the competition BUT if the product you have is good enough you can afford to sacrifice some proprietary information near the intro time for the product...Ford should reward you, NOT scold you.

Golfy

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Matt,

Frankly you were certainly a breath of fresh air when it comes to the very closed world of automotive companies...

Openly communicating with your customers in a direct, and forthright way is like money in the bank....IN THE LONG RUN. Of course you don't want to give away the store to the competition BUT if the product you have is good enough you can afford to sacrifice some proprietary information near the intro time for the product...Ford should reward you, NOT scold you.

Golfy
Hey Golfy, Thanks man. I give you alot of grief, but I appreciate that.

But, it is a Ford policy, and I love my job very much, so, I gotta go by their rules.

Thanks again though Golf. And I promise to be nicer to you now....:D

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Hey Golfy, Thanks man. I give you alot of grief, but I appreciate that.
Well my "honesty" gets me a little praise, and much more criticism!:D

But, it is a Ford policy, and I love my job very much, so, I gotta go by their rules.
I absolutely don't want to encourage employees to be insubordinate...I also work in the automotive manufacturing industry and being too liberal with certain information can easily get you "canned" in a hurry!

However, since you are in marketing I'd show my posts about using common sense and discretion when deciding what proprietary info to communicate to consumers to your superiors. I really think with a bit of thought you can beat the competition by making the customer feel really "in the loop" without giving away the store. The typical Fiesta customer is much more of a car guy..or gal than the typical Corolla buyer, and they like to have a little inside knowledge if possible.

Yes, I know it isn't SOP in the automotive world...but breaking out of the old mold could really boost loyality and profits in the long term.

Thanks again though Golf. And I promise to be nicer to you now....:D
I always believe that credit should be given where it is due.

Seriously if you disagree with me don't softball it...I'm tough enough to take the criticism. :)

·
Registered
893 Posts
With how ''cut throat'' much technology is out there in the terms of using it on automotives a simple slip could mean so much to the competition and figure out whats what with the car. But then again what ever happened to what the Rusky's did in buying a bunch of American and European cars then reverse engineering them for the Russian Market? I'm quite frankly amazed you don't see or hear of Honda or Toyota and or Vice Versa with the big three buying up the competition tearing them apart and seeing what makes them tick. But to keep on subject, any an all posts are welcome from everyone. Yeah we have our bouts but its what makes us all human.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts