Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this K&N Intake?

I know they make CAI that go way low to capture colder air and perform better, but I'm worried about water (Puddles) and also I'll be doing some rallycross.

If you use this intake did you notice performance increase? What about better sound?

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Like blackbetty posted, I recommend the r2c intake. I am running it, sounds amazing, looks good and supporting small business. Its a quality product for less than the k&n. It doesnt sit low, it sits right where the air box would have been but with some nice shielding just like the k&n

on the butt dyno i feel like i lost some throttle response, but i have mostly been driving it in cold weather, when its warm it feels so much better. It didnt make it feel faster, but more exciting because of the noise now.

this is a really good video to hear the difference

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like blackbetty posted, I recommend the r2c intake. I am running it, sounds amazing, looks good and supporting small business. Its a quality product for less than the k&n. It doesnt sit low, it sits right where the air box would have been but with some nice shielding just like the k&n

on the butt dyno i feel like i lost some throttle response, but i have mostly been driving it in cold weather, when its warm it feels so much better. It didnt make it feel faster, but more exciting because of the noise now.

this is a really good video to hear the difference
Cool, thanks - that's great input. I figure the performance increase may only be slight. But sound does matter just for driver feedback - the stock sound is almost too quiet. Also I'd imagine in hot weather it does help with throttle response? Was it easy to install?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have never seen a "dyno proven" power gain from a aftermarket cold air intake. (CAI) these systems fail in real-world hot climate driving. OEM is best until you max mod your engine bay & power plant. the noise pollution is not worth it. JMO..

·
Registered
97 Posts
The install on the r2c intake was easy, instructions included were clear and took ~30 minutes with minimal tools.

ZAC is absolutely right, theres really nothing to gain power wise unless you did tons more to gain power. All shops claim the +Xhp but I think its snake oil tbh. But lets not disregard the looks and sounds of it. ;) I've gone on drives with buddies and they enjoyed hearing it on the highway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts