Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so after reading the review on the key-less entry system I am curious to know if anyone here as gotten the push start entry system on their car and if you have taken delivery how do you like it? I have ordered mine with the system and my wife is super excited about it but I would love to hear first hand opinions of this so i can stay excited about my car!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I've really been enjoying mine; it's nice to not even have to take my keys out of my purse. You walk up to the car, put your finger on the little black square on the handle until you hear it unlock and then you just open the door. It works for opening the trunk as well.

After you open the car door to get out, you can push the lock button on the center console and once you close it, all the doors will be locked.

·
Registered
48 Posts
After you get out of the car you can also press the door handle button to lock the car. If the car is unlocked a single press will lock the doors.

It can be a little weird to get used to... I find myself still using the key fob to lock the doors sometimes as I just want to make sure it really is locked. I'm just paranoid sometimes though.

Oh and I can second the not getting your keys out... I find myself fishing for my keys out of my pocket and realize after doing it that I don't have to mess with that.

·
Registered
642 Posts
It takes some getting use to....

It really takes some getting use to, but it is pretty cool. Fuel ups go NASCAR fast; here's why: I pull in at the gas station, zip my credit card through the pump, stick the nozzle into the capless fuel inlet, pump a quick 8 - 10 gallons in (I never let it go lower), pull the nozzle, shut the door, grab my receipt, jump in the car, PUSH THE BUTTON, and off I go. My last (and first fill-up) took less than 5 min. I was pretty impressed on how quickly it took and kept thinking I forgot to do something.

I still need to fully digest the Owners Manual to know all the 'bells & whistles' this car has.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I still need to fully digest the Owners Manual to know all the 'bells & whistles' this car has.
I've told Sam I think Ford should be offering academic credit for people who get through the owners manual.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have push button start on my bimmer and it's become one of those probably pointless tech for some people...that I would really push to have in any car now. The FOB for my bimmer also has a regular key in it for unlocking the driver door or trunk the old fashion way. Pretty useful if you're doing a sporting activity or something and are afraid of getting the key wet....because they're kinda expensive to replace ($300+). Not sure how the Fiesta's FOB will make it so you can lock the FOB in the car and still enter the car via non-electronic means.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not sure how the Fiesta's FOB will make it so you can lock the FOB in the car and still enter the car via non-electronic means.
There are two buttons on the side of the fob that you squeeze simultaneously to open it, supposedly revealing some kind of key for situations like that (but I haven't been able to get mine open yet).

Edit: Just figured it out; when you squeeze the sides, the ford logo comes off, revealing an actual key.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sound like everyone who ha it loves it! My wife is one of those people who lock keys in cars, and i think this may help! Is there any way to lock the fob inside of the car!

·
Registered
206 Posts
sound like everyone who ha it loves it! My wife is one of those people who lock keys in cars, and i think this may help! Is it true that the car wont lock if the fob i side unless its with the key?
It's definitely not a necessity, but is really nice to have and makes the car feel a lot more expensive than it really is. I didn't completely understand that last question you asked, but the car will lock once you start driving, press the lock button on the center console, or by pressing the black button on the handle (as merkmal pointed out).

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
keyless entry and pushbutton start are awesome. it's nice keeping the fob in my pocket at all times. one thing i would like to change is our start button. the eu fiesta button has "ford power" on it instead of the na fiesta "engine start/stop". the multi display however says to press the "power" button to switch off the engine. i would like the "power" button on my fiesta so i'm looking into importing the eu button.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Our company car is a VW Passat and also has a push button start. But its implementation is just plain stupid!
Because the keyfob is the pushbutton: you still have to reach for your 'key' and put it in a hole on the dash, and push it!
Oh, I hate that car for all its stupidity and weirdness!!

·
Registered
406 Posts
The keyless is awesome, but it'll take getting used to. I still fumble for my key out of habit. The location of the start button seems a little awkward to me too. You can see the flat circle where the key ignition would've been. Why isn't the start button there? I find myself reaching to where the keys would be hanging to turn it off. I guess I'll eventually stop that. (Just like me reaching to push the clutch when starting an automatic rental car last month.Haha)

I too feel a little paranoid about not pushing the fob to lock, but that too shall pass. (I hope)

·
Registered
522 Posts
So only the front passenger door can unlock all the doors?

·
Registered
343 Posts
keyless entry and pushbutton start are awesome. it's nice keeping the fob in my pocket at all times. one thing i would like to change is our start button. the eu fiesta button has "ford power" on it instead of the na fiesta "engine start/stop". the multi display however says to press the "power" button to switch off the engine. i would like the "power" button on my fiesta so i'm looking into importing the eu button.
maybe an aftermarket lit power button will come out.... ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
So only the front passenger door can unlock all the doors?
yep, it makes no sense to me. it would make sense if holding in the driver door button longer than a couple seconds would unlock the rest of the doors, but of course that is not a feature. Instead, you unlock the driver door, sit in the car, and press the center unlock twice. Bizarre and awkward when you have someone waiting outside your car to unlock the doors.

·
Registered
227 Posts
We love it! :D

Sharon can never seem to find her keys in those big purses she always lugs around, so this system was pretty much tailor-made for her. :D As for me, I appreciate not having to twist an ignition key in a slot due to the arthritis in both my hands/wrists.

As worthwhile options go the Intelligent Access System (imho) is one of Ford's better ideas, in many a year.

Harry :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually, you can program the car to unlock all doors.
"Two-stage unlock disable
Disabling two-stage unlock allows all vehicle doors to unlock
simultaneously.
Two-stage unlocking may be disabled or re-enabled by simultaneously
pressing the unlock and lock controls on the transmitter for three seconds.
The park lamps will illuminate twice to indicate that two-stage unlock
was enabled or disabled. "

1 - 18 of 18 Posts