Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
Can you make the video public, I want to hear it.
Does the knocking go away when you press in the clutch?
Does this only happen when cold, like the first start of the morning?

· Registered
527 Posts
Mine does exactly the same. I dropped mine off at the dealer today for some other work and I made a note of it. It only happens at cold but goes away as soon as the clutch goes in. I wasn't sure if it was a pilot or input shaft bearing, or it's just normal gear pack rattle.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Alright cool,I'm also using a modded st rear Mount on the car too....thought maybe it was causing more nvh with it...I ordered a OEM one for the 1.0 since I messed up mine...to see if that's the issue.

Mine will do it anytime it idles down....even after driving hour straight its gonna do it

· Super Moderator
1,303 Posts
From the video, it sounds more like a rod knock than anything else. Of course, its hard to discern from a short video from inside the cabin.

Is it possible your RMM come lose and is banging on the chassis? Maybe a video from under hood would help us.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess you call it the shift plate?idk what call it on this car...the shifter cables attach to a cast iron piece of metal which attaches to the transmisson...that cast piece is the knocking sound,which maybe also explained the popping sound I've heard a few times when going into reverse and then into first.....guess gonna have take it to the dealer,I don't see way to mend it myself by looking at it anyways.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dropped the car off at the dealership today, showed them pictures and the videos....I also have a history of complaints with transmission at this dealership so hopefully it will get worked out....get to drive a 2016 automatic fiesta for loaner lol :(

· Registered
298 Posts
mine does this exact same thing. Usually like dirtbag stated only happens when cold but goes away once you push in the clutch.

Its Hypno - thanks for finding this out hopefully it's an easy fix. Next oil change at the dealer I'll get them to fix mine.

· Registered
527 Posts
mine does this exact same thing. Usually like dirtbag stated only happens when cold but goes away once you push in the clutch.....
I heard back from the dealer this weekend, the cold clutch-out marbles/rattling sound is "gear rollover", and they say it's totally normal. The OP's noise ended up being something different. I'm about to do a trans fluid change as soon as they fix my leaks, and I'll report back if it quiets it down. The fluid is practically liquid gold.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts