Fiesta Faction banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
I heard back from the dealer this weekend, the cold clutch-out marbles/rattling sound is "gear rollover", and they say it's totally normal. The OP's noise ended up being something different. I'm about to do a trans fluid change as soon as they fix my leaks, and I'll report back if it quiets it down. The fluid is practically liquid gold.
Was think about doing a fluid change as well. will you go ford fluid or something third party? Going to guess Ford is charging a rediculous price to change manual fluid like other shops. It's easier to change then motor oil and they usually want over $100 and you use probably 1liter of fluid.

· Registered
527 Posts
Was think about doing a fluid change as well. will you go ford fluid or something third party? Going to guess Ford is charging a rediculous price to change manual fluid like other shops. It's easier to change then motor oil and they usually want over $100 and you use probably 1liter of fluid.
Until warranty is up I like to use OEM fluids and parts. I've already stocked up on fluids, filters, and plugs to last me a while. The trans fluid is in the ballpark of $25-30 quart, and I thought GM's Synchromesh was expensive;) The drain & fill plugs are easily accessible, so I'll do that myself.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The issue was not resolved,I may have to contact ford customer service for the 2nd time since owning this car to maybe get something taken care of.

If I could cut my losses and give it back and walk away I prob would at this point....and go back to Mazda's.
I may just upgrade to the mountune shifter arm as it should be better even though I don't think I should have to be doing it out of my pocket.

· Registered
1,976 Posts
The issue was not resolved,I may have to contact ford customer service for the 2nd time since owning this car to maybe get something taken care of.

If I could cut my losses and give it back and walk away I prob would at this point....and go back to Mazda's.
I can get a new case opened for you. Just PM me your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

· Registered
35 Posts
I may just upgrade to the mountune shifter arm as it should be better even though I don't think I should have to be doing it out of my pocket.
Hi, my fiesta is developing similar issue. It is intermittent and I can not catch it to film it. Could you please post again YouTube video presenting the noise? Also, did you managed to fix the issue? Thanks

21 - 27 of 27 Posts