Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Other than this current issue the car is in good mechanical order, just had a safety inspection and refreshed brakes.

A little backstory, driving home going up a slight hill, I gave it gas to accelerate, felt a loss of power then coasted down the hill to a red light, noticed a bit a smoke from the passenger side at the red light, I was really close to home, made it home and into my parking spot, turned off the car, popped the hood and found some smoke and an empty coolant reservoir.

We bought some coolant poured it in and it almost instantly started dripping out, as if someone turned on a tap lightly.

The leak seemed to be coming from the water pump, I am assuming it failed while driving and lost some pieces when I turned off the car and the pump stopped spinning.

We found some cylindrical bearings? on the floor under the car and on the inside of the serpentine belt cover, assuming they are from the water pump.

Also found that turning the wheels is difficult when the car is on and in the key in the ACC position.

What should be my next course of action?

Should I get it towed to Ford for repair or a local trusted shop??

What am I looking at for a repair bill???

Did I do any additional damage or should I look for anything else?

I greatly appreciate any responses or help. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of cost might be associated with the timing belt?

The engine felt okay and didn't behave strangely when parking it
There was no rising smoke or oil burning smell
As for overheating, nothing came up on the info screen and I too hope the engine didn't overheat.

I will be getting it towed and I have it in for service mid next week, I greatly appreciate your response.

I know I probably shouldn't try to start it, but is there any way to check for damage to the engine itself?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I too hope there is no engine damage. The garage should be able to give you a price for timing belt with waterpump replacement. 90% of the job is timing belt related to get to the waterpump. Only makes sense to replace the belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts