Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any fiesta peeps in the las vegas area?

i see a couple modded focus's and seen a few fiestas with some bolt ons.

just wondering if anyone was on here :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
any fiesta peeps in the las vegas area?

i see a couple modded focus's and seen a few fiestas with some bolt ons.

just wondering if anyone was on here :D
I just got here, but I'm around.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very cool. hmm wonder if there's anyone else? I'm usually at cars and coffee when the weather gets nicer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
very cool. hmm wonder if there's anyone else? I'm usually at cars and coffee when the weather gets nicer.
I'm still learning the area, I'm in Providence, I've been exploring recently.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry if i sound like an idiot. where is providence? i just know vegas as vegas. north south east and west LOL.

im off of flamingo near the 93/95/215/whatever vegas people call it. lol.

i'm more of a picture memory person aka worst at giving directions.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just googled providence. thats sorta the northwest of town.

i recently relocated from the los angeles area this past summer also.

i mainly know the south areas of vegas/henderson.

but if you are indeed looking for great places to eat i can name a ton that are off strip.

That is pretty much my main favorite thing out here. Aside from asian food, every other ethnic food here is AMAZING if you know the right spots.

·
Registered
283 Posts
My wife works in Henderson, haha. But ya food is always a plus, I'm actually hunting for work currently, my wife's job transferred mine however did not. It's strange getting a job out here, it took forever to get a license (in NJ they just give it to you same day, not mail it). My exploration has mainly been job hunting or getting lost hunting for said jobs. So far food wise on the strip I've eaten at Hash House a Go Go, and that's it. Tomorrow I'm going to CES so food places would be good to know, haha.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh very nice. I'll be at the CES show tomorrow as well. I hope you find a job soon as well. I'm currently on the hunt for a job too. The M2 Motoring stuff is purely a fun hobby turned business but certainly still a hobby. What type of work are you looking to get?

If you are in central hall, I have my company's project mustang in the voxx international booth # 10415.

I'll be at CES everyday this week i think. shoot me your number via pm.

food towards your side of town in summerlin theres

buldogis - fusion gourmet burgers. not expensive but tasty if you like all things bad and unhealthy.
amore pizza - chicago style dish pizza
theres this custom pizza place thats pretty tasty i forget the name I have to ask my friend.

if you are in the mood for asian food, pretty much everything here sucks minus sushi. for AYCE sushi theres Yama sushi off flamingo on my side of town and in summerlin by rhodes ranch is 808 sushi which is GREAT but you just have to go at a non busy hour to get good sushi because theres only two sushi chefs for a 60 person capacity restaurant. during hectic times theres no care put into the food lol.

id stay away from chinese its all crap out here for the time being although a good friend of mine's dad was recently recruited from LA to revamp a chinese restaurant up here so the dim sum should be pretty good since that is what he specializes in.

thai food - thai noodle house #2 is good. same as the #1spot in chinatown but not as busy so you get to actually enjoy a quiet meal.

american food - if you are on the south side of town late at night 3.95 steak and eggs for south point. its not amazingly good, but its cheaper than mickey d's and hits the spot way better.
theres a lot of high price american spots on strip that are GREAT I just can't justify eating at those places all the time.

earl of sandwhich and capriottis sandwhich shop are both great sandwhich spots for fast food

italian.... montesannos in henderson. best spot ive found period. lol

mexican food out here also sucks from what ive tried so far which is many many places.

wow that was a rant but hoped that help.

my name is Mike btw.

·
Registered
107 Posts
mexican food- cafe rio, Ricardo's, Roberto's
thai- Archi's
Rocco's makes a pretty good sandwich
metro pizza
In and out
Their are lots and lots more good place here to eat

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi. what area of vegas are you from? maybe we can get a mini meet togethor here soon with will (delayedz)

archie's is so so. my family has had a thai restaurant for over 12 yrs and still running in LA lol. im a bit picky with that.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'll be visiting Las Vegas in about two months. Will rent a car, so I guess I don't count. :eek:

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I'll be visiting Las Vegas in about two months. Will rent a car, so I guess I don't count. :eek:
Driving in Vegas is terrifying and aweful -- and I was the passenger! :eek: Seriously, no one pays attention to the laws, blinkers, or signage. When we go back we're using public transit and taxis... this also enables more drinking too. :eek:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there's a quote i came up with

LA drivers are @$$holes
Vegas drivers are idiots

please know the definition of both. lol

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Just fair warning, traffic will suck next week around Charleston. The Furniture Market will be in session. I will be there. I won't have my Fiesta with me, though. Not will I have any time. But I do drive out there every 4-6 weeks, so maybe next time we can get a little meet together.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im from the spring valley side of town (southwest). Driving in Vegas is fun, you need to be brave. Working a few streets down from the strip I deal with the traffic mess daily.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a meet sounds great! I mentioned it to will DelayedZ about cars and coffee this satruday. Chowie. want to meet up there? I'll hit up Will via text.

mk7 - sounds great let us know ahead of time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its every saturday morning usually 8-11 in a shopping plaza off of eastern ave. south of the 215 fwy in henderson. its in the shopping plaza where there is a BJ's pizza and beer restaurant along with a einstein bagel bros, crepe expectations (damn good crepes might i add), and many other businesses.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Hm. I may try to make that. It'll just depend on my boss/father-in-law, as he is my chauffeur for the next week and a half.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts