Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I own a 2012 Fiesta (automatic) with 88,000 miles on it. At 73,000 miles, I had the clutch replacement done under warranty and didn't have any issues (beyond some mild shuttering that I've learned to live with) until about 2,000 miles ago when my transmission slipped in neutral. It happened immediately after turning the car on and driving about a half-mile. I pulled over, turned the car off and immediately back on and it behaved itself and had no further signs of trouble until seven months later when it happened again.

This time, I decided to take it to the dealer to have it checked out and they discovered transmission fluid leaking in between the bell housing and recommended replacing the clutch assembly, seals, and shift forks at a cost of $2,510. They also said that the vehicle didn't give any codes. Given that the last clutch replacement lasted a whopping 15,000 miles, I'm disinclined to dump that kind of money into an eight-year-old car just to have to do it again a year from now. The dealer did the TCM reprogram under warranty and didn't push me to do the repair but said I'd probably continue to feel shuddering/slippage as a result of the leak. I asked if it was dangerous to continue driving the vehicle and he said no.

As of now, my plan is to continue driving this car until it dies and then buy a new one. Other than those two slips the car feels pretty good and if I wasn't told anything was wrong, I wouldn't know anything was wrong.

That said, I'd like some input: am I actually safe to continue driving this vehicle? Has anyone else had a leak in this location and, if so, how's your car holding up?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts