Fiesta Faction banner

LED license plate lights - do it!!

7K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  BlackBetty302 
#1 ·
I bought a pair of LED lights to install as the license plate bulbs and they came in the mail today so I put them in when I got home from work. The bulbs I bought were a 9 SMD LED design with LEDs all around the perimeter of the bulb. Its the perfect type of bulb due to the horizontal installation of the bulbs in the housings.

The bulbs fit perfectly in the housings. They are wider and longer than the factory bulbs but there's enough room to fit them in.

Now that its dark outside I can say that they make a huge improvement on how the back of the car looks at night!

I had them on my '01 Mustang GT and really liked them on it, too.

You can pick up a pair on eBay for around $10 shipped - well worth it!

See less See more
#7 ·
I did that too. Mine has one more row of leds.

Go to Ebay. Type in LED W5W SMD. Click buy it now and lowest cost to highest. You will find what you want. White, colors, more LEDs or whatever.

#9 ·
#12 ·
Snapped a couple pics tonight:

Sorry about the dirty car, its been raining a lot here and I haven't been able to give my car a good wash!

Also, the top and bottom of the plate looks a lot darker in the picture than they do in real life. I think the cheap camera I have has a difficult time with low light photos. The light is a very crisp, bright, white light.

#15 ·
I got mine today, here's a side-by-side comparison:

New Bulbs by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr

However the second LED bulb (on the right) seems to have a slightly warmer color temperature. I don't think I'll mind since it's not immediately visible to me:

New Bulbs by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.