Fiesta Faction banner

What area are you interested in improving first? (please post details)

• Interior

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Exterior

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Suspension

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Exhaust

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Brakes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Performance

Votes: 6 85.7%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who don't know us, Central Florida Motorsports (aka CFM) is one of the largest aftermarket performance part manufacturers for the Ford Focus. We are currently working on our new product line for the hot and new Ford Fiesta. Here are just a few products we will have available for you very soon:

- Lower Engine Torque Mount
- Strut Tower Brace
- Underdrive Pulley Kit
- Throttle Body
- Spark Plugs and Wires
- Cold Air System
- ECU Recalibration
- Catback Exhaust
- Short Throw Shifter

...and more

Check our online store often using this link to keep up with our latest products: Central Florida Motorsports, Inc.- Focus Performance Parts & Accessories - Ford Fiesta

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
From having a EU Fiesta for a year, and now having the US Fiesta, I can give you some feedback concerning products. Based on my time with both cars, and talking to other enthusiasts, here is where I rank the products in order of interest.

Short throw shifter (a constant complaint with the EU car, better with the US one, but still has room to improve)

Air Intake (Take a look at the MSport Fiesta R2 intake, which looks like it is using a factory style conical air box which seals out hot air, dust, dirt, and water)

CatBack Exhaust (lots of interest here to get the Fiesta to breathe better)

ECU Recalibration (the US car suffers greatly with throttle response, mid range power, hard to rev-match under braking, and lags in tip-in throttle)

Lower engine mount (awesome product, and one I have installed on all of my Focuses and installed many on my friends cars)

4-2-1 or 4-1 tubular header with high flow cat (expensive, but looks to be where the Mountune Fiesta gets the biggest power gains)

Modifications that would be legal for SCCA HS will probably be very popular. With the ESC, I am not sure how much suspension stuff I would do since nobody really knows what the system will do when the operating parameters have been changed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input! Somehow I missed your post...

We are planning on making most of the products you mentioned above. Here's a few notes on them:

Shifter - Currently waiting for Ford Racing to release theirs to see if there's room for improvement. At the least, we will have a similar shifter for a better price.

Intake - We can almost guarantee that ours will be the best available. Here are some of the features:

-Can be used as a short ram or fenderwell cold air intake
-Optional bypass valve to prevent hydrolock when using cold air version
-Different colors available, including matching silicone couplers
-Air filter pre-filter included to keep filter cleaner longer and repel water
-Race version option which flows even more air and requires custom ECU calibration

ECU Recalibration - We will be working with SCT to offer a SF / XCal3 flash device for the Fiesta. Custom tune for race version of our intake will be included.

Lower engine mount - Currently under development...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Is there a signup list? I'll be first to buy your short shifter, catback, and maybe intake (I still prefer just a new intake tube that replaces the stock one and retain the stock airbox). Shoot me a PM and shoot me some ETAs, I hate having stock cars :(

·
Registered
508 Posts
Personally since I may end up campaigning the car in SCCA HS as BRGT350 mentions the two main things I'd want are a good cat-back exhaust (preferably one that adds power without causing that drone that so many cat-backs have) and stiffer SCCA-legal shocks with better rebound dampening than the stock shocks have. Oh and lightweight wheels in the stock 15" or 16" size and offset so I guess that's three things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts