1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
984 Posts
How do submit question early ? I will be working during the time of the chat so will we have a link here after it is over so we can read the Q & A ?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Here's a question you might want to try answering;

Most of the people that have cars already, have cars that were built after mine (May 26th). In a couple of reports on the "Hold for inspection/seat lever issue" the articles report the issue was on cars built over the past month.

According to Reuters, “[A] spokesman said Ford is checking several thousand Fiestas built over the past month before they will be released to dealers for sale to customers.” Meanwhile, The Wall Street Journal reports that Ford “has found ‘about a dozen’ [Fiestas] that have the problem.”
So I ask - why are they holding my car built way back in May? And more importantly, if it is all Fiestas that have this potential problem, why have they not recalled your car and every other car already delivered to make sure those cars aren't equipped with "dangerous seat levers"?

The dealer told me Ford, instead of hauling my car from Cottage Grove to my dealer, intentionally hauled my car directly to Inver Grove Heights to be impounded/locked up until inspection.

Ford's Fiesta Put on Hold, Again - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do submit question early ? I will be working during the time of the chat so will we have a link here after it is over so we can read the Q & A ?
I addressed them to Sam on Twitter. Here they are (but it's okay to ask the same Q more than once, sometimes wording a question differently makes it easier to answer):

# @samdelag Q4: I love my Fiesta. Do you think when the time comes to replace this one (maybe 8-12 yrs), Fiestas will still be for sale here?

@samdelag Q3: Will there be special edition Fiestas? Like an RS or the equivalent of a Shelby (how about a DeLaGarza?)

@samdelag Question2: How many Fiestas have been sold so far in the United States?

@samdelag Question1: will early buyers be able to swap out the door handle so we can claim the IIHS safety rating too?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I don't think he'll answer my question.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He might answer it or one like it, iamz. You're in the same situation as a lot of people. If I hadn't bought mine off the lot, I'd still be waiting, too!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think we need to remember Matt. He got in trouble because he did not hold the Ford "line" all the time. He tried to be honest and straight forward with all of us. I don't hold to the "Great Conspiracy" theory, but I do not plan on hearing too much that we don't know. Sam will be giving Ford's spin and I am sure that everything will be well rehearsed and carefully worded. This is,after all, really Ford's chat, not Sam's personal chat. So I will be there, but not with great expectations of the outcome. As might be heard on SNL "We're Ford and you're not." I hope I am proved wrong, but i'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I addressed them to Sam on Twitter. Here they are (but it's okay to ask the same Q more than once, sometimes wording a question differently makes it easier to answer):
I agree with Meg, if we offer the same Q in different ways he'll also know it's an issue that is of interest. I tweeted him that I wanted to know if the improved door handle would be available to owners of pre-July 2010 cars if we want to add it.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Retaining Legal Counsel...

I have consulted an attorney and he agrees, and will lobby for (on behalf of me and other owners) for a door fix. Even if the existing handle is "safe" he agrees they owe us the upgrade.

So, depending on what Ford does, dictates what action I take.

I am prepared and will push the issue. We will also be inquiring about the seat knob if we push forward with filings.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Question number two was answered yesterday...

All the build numbers have been posted yesterday and the day before.....

The big question...what about the doors...and now the Knob!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My question - and its one that will likely be for 2012+ models - any chance we could see a Fiesta 'S' hatchback? The Fiesta is already well equipped as it is, I'd like to get a hatch that is $2k-$3k cheaper without the stuff I don't want/need.

If someone could ask this and post the results here - or email me them I would appreciate it. I'm neither on twitter but also even if I was I have to work :(

·
Registered
303 Posts
He's probably been busy with answering calls and emails..

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Courtesi, I'll send sam a tweet about it. You could also leave a comment at the bottom of the live chat page (linked to in first post). Four others have already, and he might work those in, too.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
I'll see if there will be some way to get a transcript and will post it here after the event.

·
Registered
984 Posts
That would be great because I will be working at the time of the chat.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
My question - and its one that will likely be for 2012+ models - any chance we could see a Fiesta 'S' hatchback? The Fiesta is already well equipped as it is, I'd like to get a hatch that is $2k-$3k cheaper without the stuff I don't want/need.

If someone could ask this and post the results here - or email me them I would appreciate it. I'm neither on twitter but also even if I was I have to work :(

I too would like a Fiesta S hatchback....I don't need all the extra stuff on the SE and SES models ...and I want the versatililty of the HB...plus it looks better too!

·
Banned
528 Posts
Did you get a reply?

I agree with Meg, if we offer the same Q in different ways he'll also know it's an issue that is of interest. I tweeted him that I wanted to know if the improved door handle would be available to owners of pre-July 2010 cars if we want to add it.
Did you get a reply?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts