Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 ford fiesta se 1.6 liter 4 cylinder.....I will be installing a k&n cold air intake in the next couple weeks and I would like to plug in a performance chip as well ...spice up the fiesta a lil bit
Was looking for some input from some people that have used them.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I have a 2015 ford fiesta se 1.6 liter 4 cylinder.....I will be installing a k&n cold air intake in the next couple weeks and I would like to plug in a performance chip as well ...spice up the fiesta a lil bit
Was looking for some input from some people that have used them.
To be entirely honest - there isn't one for the non-ST ECUs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
😾 gotta go the long way and get a tuner i suppose, if one were to harness more out of this damn engine.. thanks slip!

·
Registered
121 Posts
gotta go the long way and get a tuner i suppose, if one were to harness more out of this damn engine.. thanks slip!
I have a 14 SE Hatch I bought new. I’ve done a lot of bolt-ons (still need to do upper motor mounts), but about the only performance parts for the engine are cams. You can do a stand-alone ECU, but I don’t feel it’s worth the amount of money (let alone the amount of time for wiring an entire stand-alone ECU) you’ll spend.

I’m still planning on nitrous for mine though. I’ve enough experience with it to do a decent wet shot before I need to worry about timing and fuel.

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Cold Air Intake
OBX Header with high-flo cat, resonator, and DC Sports muffler and 2.5” exhaust
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
3M Dark Smoke Vinyl Wrapped Lights

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I just looked at a pic of your car. I like it ..looks tight bro. All black ..menacing. how much horsepower r u putting out with the mods you've done?
Also you dont think a plug in ecu tuner from sct or diablo works in the 1.6 liter? Because when I looked at the specs and vehicle compatibility it showed the fiesta 1.6 litre naturally aspirated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 14 SE Hatch I bought new. I’ve done a lot of bolt-ons (still need to do upper motor mounts), but about the only performance parts for the engine are cams. You can do a stand-alone ECU, but I don’t feel it’s worth the amount of money (let alone the amount of time for wiring an entire stand-alone ECU) you’ll spend.

I’m still planning on nitrous for mine though. I’ve enough experience with it to do a decent wet shot before I need to worry about timing and fuel.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
I plan on going full bore and custom built rods to give me more than the stock 120 hp (112 to the wheels i believe) and probably go the tuner route. 😁

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ya I just looked at a pic of your car. I like it ..looks tight bro. All black ..menacing. how much horsepower r u putting out with the mods you've done?
Also you dont think a plug in ecu tuner from sct or diablo works in the 1.6 liter? Because when I looked at the specs and vehicle compatibility it showed the fiesta 1.6 litre naturally aspirated.
There are no plug and play ECU tuners that will work. There is a stand-alone ECU you can pay $1500 for, then you have the daunting task of being able to piggyback the stand-alone to the factory. My horsepower rating may be around 150. Not much by any means, but I’ve been racing since I was 16. A lot of my races are won because of driver skill. A lot of kids get a turbo car and think they’re racers. I’ve beat several Fiesta STs because they didn’t know how to drive their cars.

I’m planning on adding a entry level wet nitrous kit, no more than 125hp, to play around. I’ve quite a bit of experience with nitrous, so it’s familiar ground.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

·
Registered
68 Posts
You may want to send a message over to HP Tuners to see if the N/A ECU could be supported. They already support the 1.0 EcoBoost and the ST. This would not be an off-the-shelf tune, you would either have to go to a pro and get them to tune with it or you would have to learn yourself.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You may want to send a message over to HP Tuners to see if the N/A ECU could be supported. They already support the 1.0 EcoBoost and the ST. This would not be an off-the-shelf tune, you would either have to go to a pro and get them to tune with it or you would have to learn yourself.
And the cost of this would probably be extremely prohibitive. If you can afford it, you probably aren’t driving a Fiesta LOL

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's pretty affordable, the device and the credits are about $400 total. It doesn't sound like they support the N/A engine though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts