Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be nice to start a new thread for those of us who's cars are more than a month late (my original ETA was 6/15, my revised ETA was 7/18 which was also missed) in an attempt to share information on how to accurately track our cars and perhaps locate twins that we might buy instead. For instance my car is a Lime Squeeze SES hatch with 301A but the cloth seats. Since I now have the $750 rebate coupon I don't have to get my original car if I can find a duplicate within say 300 miles of Seattle.

·
Registered
984 Posts
My car was built 5/25 and had original ETA of 6/14 haven't gotten another ETA since and is listed as of 7/16 with ETA of TBD ( To Be Determined ) and still in Mexico. My dealer has a Lime Squeeze 5Dr SES with Auto,Rapis Spec Package 300 and Black Cloth interior but I am in Florida so I am more than 300 miles from you. They also have another one coming in that matches mine excatly and I may buy that one when it gets here because it should be here next week. So they will have mine when it comes in and it is Black 5Dr SES with Rapid Spec 301 upgrade package,Auto,Black Leather.

·
Banned
528 Posts
This is what I don't understand!

I thought it would be nice to start a new thread for those of us who's cars are more than a month late (my original ETA was 6/15, my revised ETA was 7/18 which was also missed) in an attempt to share information on how to accurately track our cars and perhaps locate twins that we might buy instead. For instance my car is a Lime Squeeze SES hatch with 301A but the cloth seats. Since I now have the $750 rebate coupon I don't have to get my original car if I can find a duplicate within say 300 miles of Seattle.
How in the (four letter word) do they LOOSE a car? Why can't they...or excuse me why won't they WHY won't they just spill the beans.....

Tell the truth say what the (four letter word) is going on with these cars.

Broken rail lines....my rear.

Why they won't just be honest escapes me!

·
Registered
984 Posts
How in the (four letter word) do they LOOSE a car? Why can't they...or excuse me why won't they WHY won't they just spill the beans.....

Tell the truth say what the (four letter word) is going on with these cars.

Broken rail lines....my rear.

It seems that the broken rail lines have nothing to do with it because both of the stock units that my dealer is getting (or already have ) were built a month and a month and a half after mine. They were both also built after the Tropical storm and the rail damage.
I think it has more to do with the earlier the car was built the deeper it is buried in the storage lot and the harder it is to get it out and put it on a train or boat or airplane or a magical unicorn.
Oh I forgot . (four letter word )

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine is dealer stock and had an original ETA of 6/28 then 7/5 and now 8/5 but it's still in mexico (on the water so going on a boat soon) but there is another tropical storm coming up through the gulf so Im sure it won't ship soon.

Being in DC you'd think there would be another one out there but the only one is manual and I need automatic. I'm pretty sure my dealer is the only one in Alexandria that doesn't have one on their lot yet.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that the Ford managers are from the old school where you never tell the customer any news that is even slightly bad. Unfortunately they are marketing to a generation that grew up with minute-to-minute tracking of everything and that creates a lot of frustration. Unfortunately Ford's policy is that the agents can't tell us any specifics. Called today to find out what the odd status of the last VVR on my car meant and the only updates the agent could give me was that the car was in the USA and had "done something" today.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
It seems that the broken rail lines have nothing to do with it because both of the stock units that my dealer is getting (or already have ) were built a month and a month and a half after mine. They were both also built after the Tropical storm and the rail damage.
I think it has more to do with the earlier the car was built the deeper it is buried in the storage lot and the harder it is to get it out and put it on a train or boat or airplane or a magical unicorn.
Didn't your sales person say your Fiesta shipped 10 days ago? I'm guessing he was wrong. That sucks.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Didn't your sales person say your Fiesta shipped 10 days ago? I'm guessing he was wrong. That sucks.
Yeah he called me on the 14th and said they had an ETA of of 8/4 and then when I went in on the 18th to check progress it had an ETA of TBD.

·
Banned
528 Posts
They have that website>>>>

I think that the Ford managers are from the old school where you never tell the customer any news that is even slightly bad. Unfortunately they are marketing to a generation that grew up with minute-to-minute tracking of everything and that creates a lot of frustration. Unfortunately Ford's policy is that the agents can't tell us any specifics. Called today to find out what the odd status of the last VVR on my car meant and the only updates the agent could give me was that the car was in the USA and had "done something" today.
It escapes me what they call it (the website) they use it to order and everything else, also check status....The reservation agents have access to it, but apparently Matt is the only one who knows how to use it, or will use it. If you get Meg or Mahi you are (Five letter word). They refuse to use it.

Best option is to call and try to get Matt.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Fleet of Mexicans and Keys.........

If I were Ford, I would have me a Fleet of Factory workers with big rings of keys, and I would have them out there digging cars out. If I were Sam, I would be finding all of the Vin numbers of folks that are blogging, that could cause potential bad press and find their (four letter word) cars and charter a C-130 or C-5 from the military (or that big Russian plane) and fly those cars to Dallas, or some central point where they could be loaded on transports and delivered to the dealerships so the customers who were blogging could have them.:D

·
Registered
984 Posts
I would have me a Fleet of Factory workers with big rings of keys
Mine doesn't have a key I got the pushbutton start. :D The battery is probably dead if no one has gone out and started it on a regular basis because it will be 2 months old tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Mine was ordered in Feb, built May 24 and according to the Vehicle Visibility Report just left the factory on the 19th. As far as I know it's never had a real ETA. Although I originally assumed it would be June 21.

In early June I found I'd be losing my job. I figured I'd have to refuse the car, but instead it's taking so long that I'll probably be starting a new job before it gets here. I guess I should be pleased if it all works out in the end, but I still can't help but be mad about how broken the delivery process is. A shipping process that works well for everyone is better than just dumb luck for me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello all...new poster here. I want to post to say that I agree something is seriously WRONG and no one is saying anything.

I reserved in December, preordered March 20 (specifically not ordering a moon roof to avoid delay), it was built June 9 and I had an ETA of July 5. It is now supposedly delayed due to the hurricane...BS. :mad: My current ETA is TBD. It is just sitting in Mexico doing nothing. I want to know what's wrong with it, why are they holding mine back and why wasn't it shipped before the hurricane??

haha, oh yea, current car: 1997 toyota corolla in which every major system is now failing... FML. :mad:

also @dfw.embalmer, you ordered almost the same car as me, except I ordered automatic!! When did you get it and how do you like it? Who was your dealer? I'll have to look out for it, I haven't seen any in Dallas yet except a marketing unit.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Got it Late June....

Hello all...new poster here. I want to post to say that I agree something is seriously WRONG and no one is saying anything.

I reserved in December, preordered March 20 (specifically not ordering a moon roof to avoid delay), it was built June 9 and I had an ETA of July 5. It is now supposedly delayed due to the hurricane...BS. :mad: My current ETA is TBD. It is just sitting in Mexico doing nothing. I want to know what's wrong with it, why are they holding mine back and why wasn't it shipped before the hurricane??

haha, oh yea, current car: 1997 toyota corolla in which every major system is now failing... FML. :mad:

also @dfw.embalmer, you ordered almost the same car as me, except I ordered automatic!! When did you get it and how do you like it? Who was your dealer? I'll have to look out for it, I haven't seen any in Dallas yet except a marketing unit.
Got it late in June......LOVE IT! No problems......other than not getting the USB, MP3 and issues with my Factory invoiced/dealer installed options...(which in all actuality was probably as much my fault as anything because I was rushing them to get my car to me) I saw a blue Fiesta Sedan with Michigan Manufacturer plates the other day over in Lakewood area.....I got mine from Sam Pack 5 Star Ford in North Richland Hills, they are great, they have units in stock. Go see Sherri Goodwin if your car stays MIA she will treat you right!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got it late in June......LOVE IT! No problems......other than not getting the USB, MP3 and issues with my Factory invoiced/dealer installed options...(which in all actuality was probably as much my fault as anything because I was rushing them to get my car to me) I saw a blue Fiesta Sedan with Michigan Manufacturer plates the other day over in Lakewood area.....I got mine from Sam Pack 5 Star Ford in North Richland Hills, they are great, they have units in stock. Go see Sherri Goodwin if your car stays MIA she will treat you right!
Glad to hear you like it! I'll keep Sherri Goodwins name in mind, North Richland hills is a little far away from me, but if they have a Fiesta it will be worth it. Last night I gave up on getting my pre order and I have searched the internet for a fiesta...lots of them showing up in dealer inventory but pretty sure they aren't ACTUALLY there. Those dealer inventory searches are just not accurate. If I can find one then I'm going to see if I can get out of my pre order.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine was ordered in February, built in late May and supposedly shipped June 21st. It's now a month later and no sign of it. I'm going to do a little car shopping today and maybe try calling Chrysler dealers to see if they plan on handling Fiat. If the car doesn't show up this week I'll probably cancel my order and either buy something used or get on the Fiat 500 waiting list. Hate to do that but Ford's obviously dropped the ball here and I wonder if those of us whose cars were built in May will ever see them?

·
Banned
528 Posts
Sam Pack's

Glad to hear you like it! I'll keep Sherri Goodwins name in mind, North Richland hills is a little far away from me, but if they have a Fiesta it will be worth it. Last night I gave up on getting my pre order and I have searched the internet for a fiesta...lots of them showing up in dealer inventory but pretty sure they aren't ACTUALLY there. Those dealer inventory searches are just not accurate. If I can find one then I'm going to see if I can get out of my pre order.
They have a silver S model on the showroom floor. I don't know their current stock because I have not been over there. They will definately take care of you, they have 3 dealerships in the area and tremendous pull with Ford. In fact, I don't know where you are at, but they might be able to get it for you away from that dealer!

·
Registered
49 Posts
They have a silver S model on the showroom floor. I don't know their current stock because I have not been over there. They will definately take care of you, they have 3 dealerships in the area and tremendous pull with Ford. In fact, I don't know where you are at, but they might be able to get it for you away from that dealer!
I'm in uptown, but I actually went with sam pack in carrollton, because I knew Sam Pack to be a very large influential dealer and assumed they would be getting lots of fiestas in, and that they would get them first. They do have a Lime Green SES on the lot, but it's over $20k, so not an option for me. The sales man has been great, but I guess he can't do anything about getting it from mexico to the dealership. Just got a call from another dealer in the area with a black sedan on the lot, so that is an option! Really hoping to find a magenta one in the area though. In my anger last night I thought about driving to San Antonio for one, haha.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine was ordered in February, built in late May and supposedly shipped June 21st. It's now a month later and no sign of it. I'm going to do a little car shopping today and maybe try calling Chrysler dealers to see if they plan on handling Fiat. If the car doesn't show up this week I'll probably cancel my order and either buy something used or get on the Fiat 500 waiting list. Hate to do that but Ford's obviously dropped the ball here and I wonder if those of us whose cars were built in May will ever see them?
Alan - I know what you mean...I think cars built in late may - early june have something wrong with them. Why are they holding those back? Other people who had cars built after mine (with moon roofs even) are receiving their vehicles.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Time to ratchett up the pressure on Ford!

Alan - I know what you mean...I think cars built in late may - early june have something wrong with them. Why are they holding those back? Other people who had cars built after mine (with moon roofs even) are receiving their vehicles.
I think everyone here needs to band together for those who don't have their cars yet, and ramp up the rhetoric a notch, push the negative publicity on the fourms and turn up the heat on Sam and the gang.

After I just spent an hour in the 100 degree heat trying to program my keypad that should have been programmed from the factory I am pissed! Lets ramp up the pressure! Phone calls.....emails!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts