Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've been rallycrossing my '15 Fiesta S for a few seasons now and am stepping up to the Prepared class this season. This allows me to fit rally tires, better suspension, and an LSD. I'm going down the rabbit hole on the first two, but in my searches for LSDs for the Fiesta I only see options for the ST. Does anyone know if these would fit in the NA engine and 5-speed transmission? Thanks, and sorry for the (maybe) stupid question.

I realized I'd get a lot more bang for my buck switching up to an ST but the prices right now are way out of my range for something I plan to beat on the dirt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I am looking to start doing some rally racing as well but don't know where to get started. I can't find many performance mods for the car minus intake and exhaust. Could you steer me in the right direction for both please. Thank you. I also drive a 2011 fiesta ses

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all. I've been rallycrossing my '15 Fiesta S for a few seasons now and am stepping up to the Prepared class this season. This allows me to fit rally tires, better suspension, and an LSD. I'm going down the rabbit hole on the first two, but in my searches for LSDs for the Fiesta I only see options for the ST. Does anyone know if these would fit in the NA engine and 5-speed transmission? Thanks, and sorry for the (maybe) stupid question.

I realized I'd get a lot more bang for my buck switching up to an ST but the prices right now are way out of my range for something I plan to beat on the dirt.
Hello. I am looking to start doing some rally racing as well but don't know where to get started. I can't find many performance mods for the car minus intake and exhaust. Could you steer me in the right direction for both please. Thank you. I also drive a 2011 fiesta ses

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't done any power-add mods to my Fiesta, nor do I intend to. The only modification I've done for rallycross is installing a switch to disconnect the rear driver wheel speed sensor to disable ABS/ESC. I race on a set of OEM Ford steel wheels and General Altimax snow tires. I have a set of uninstalled Bilstein B6 heavy duty shocks and struts but I'm waiting until my current suspension is dead to swap them.

We use our Fiesta as a daily between races so I'm not considering doing a full race car build or stripping the interior. If you've got money to burn, my dream build list is inspired by the Team O'Neil build sheet for their school Fiestas. Here are the things on my wish list:
  • LSD: from my research, this will give the biggest benefit for the Fiesta on loose surfaces
  • Rally tires: I'm stepping up to prepared in the SCCA classifications and these will give me more grip and acceleration
  • Roll bar: Necessary if I want to step up to the higher-speed rallysprint events, looking at either StudioRSR ($$$) or the cheaper Autopower
  • Skid plate: I haven't felt it necessary yet as our tracks in northern California don't have a lot of rocks, but some day I will probably invest in one
  • Upgraded brakes and pads: Will upgrade once my stock ones are due for replacement
  • Mud flaps: I had ones meant for the ST mounted but they kept detaching in heavy mud. Currently sitting in the garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts