Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else hear anything about a cracked lug nut? Looks like for some reason it is going to take 10 days to get the lug nut in from supplier.

This seems crazy to me, but I don't know what else to do. I can't get a fiesta that I want any quicker from anywhere else. I know it isn't my dealer's fault, but Ford is driving me crazy!!!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Mine have been off about a dozen times and I have not seen anything wrong with my lug nuts. I don't think I have ever had a cracked lug nut in over 16 years of messing with cars. My dad had one come cross threaded from the factory, but that was the only issue I have seen in production. That was back in 1993.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's a common lug nut. Go buy a set somewhere else and give to the dealer and tell them to give you another excuse why they are holding the car.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a common lug nut. Go buy a set somewhere else and give to the dealer and tell them to give you another excuse why they are holding the car.
I'm getting really frustrated, and the lug nut story is what the Ford rep told the new car manager while I was on the phone.
The dealership has been very transparent with me and is getting frustrated as well. I believe everything is 100% Ford and not the dealer.
The car is still at the train yard on hold by Ford.
The dealer did throw in free tint after I asked about compensation for the inconvience.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Put on locking lug nuts and you will have many spare regular nuts!

Most dealers have them ... mine threw them on my Fiesta free ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
A guy at work had 2 of 5 lug nuts shatter in his Cadillac STS. Heard a clunking noise with the window down, took the center cap off and little pieces of lug nut fell out. Other than that, I've never heard of any real problems with them.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Oh great. Now I suppose Ford is going to want inspect all the cars not yet delivered for cracked lug nuts. Here comes another month delay. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
528 Posts
That is BS!

Anyone else hear anything about a cracked lug nut? Looks like for some reason it is going to take 10 days to get the lug nut in from supplier.

This seems crazy to me, but I don't know what else to do. I can't get a fiesta that I want any quicker from anywhere else. I know it isn't my dealer's fault, but Ford is driving me crazy!!!
Ford's stories are getting way out there! This is the biggest fish story of all of the fish stories I have heard to date!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Put on locking lug nuts and you will have many spare regular nuts!

Most dealers have them ... mine threw them on my Fiesta free ;)
Speaking of locking lug nuts...
I ordered the Ford locking nuts from my dealer on the day I took delivery of the car. They're the same ones available on-line from the official 2011 Ford Fiesta Accessories web site. When I got the nuts (set of 4) and started to install them, I noted that they are fully 1/2" longer than the stock nuts. They look pretty stupid that way, so needless to say, I stopped right there and returned them. Buyer beware if you're tempted to buy the same ones.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ford's stories are getting way out there! This is the biggest fish story of all of the fish stories I have heard to date!
You are right, the real story is the doors are packed with explosives and once you go over 60 mph, it activates.
So then you must stay over 60 mph or else the door explodes. Your best chance is drive around and look for some that looks like Keanu Reeves.

:rolleyes:I mean, obviously Ford is lying because hearing that they are replacing lug nuts (on the wheel?) is so much better than saying they are replacing doors. Who wouldn't rather hear their wheels will fall off while driving instead of having doors only rated at Acceptable by the IIHS that may open when in the small chance of an accident. :rolleyes:

I would defiantly trust the crazy stuff I think up in my own noggin instead of factual stuff that is told to me by a trusted source that has an invested interest in me as a customer. I mean, that is just logical.

Like I said, I was on the phone with my new car manager when the ford rep called in, so I heard at least his half of the conversation. They aren't just making stuff up for the fun of it.

I'm sure 10 days is a conservative number, and since they are throwing in free tint I guess I can wait.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
What exactly is the issue with the lugnuts?

There are only two different nuts used on the Fiesta, one for aluminum and one for steel wheels and BOTH are readily available in the Ford parts depot system.

It should not take more than one to two days for ANY dealer in the country to get these, I've got both in stock.

The one used on the aluminum wheels is also used on thhe Focus so it's not like it's a new to the U.S. part.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only thing I was told was there was cracked lug nuts. He also said the supplier said it would take 10 days, maybe he misheard or I did (hopefully). 10 days seems a little crazy to me.

The car is still at the train yard, they won't even release it to the dealership. :(

BTW, I got the SES.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
The only thing I was told was there was cracked lug nuts. He also said the supplier said it would take 10 days, maybe he misheard or I did (hopefully). 10 days seems a little crazy to me.

The car is still at the train yard, they won't even release it to the dealership. :(

BTW, I got the SES.
Maybe the lugnuts on the semi transporting your car are cracked :eek:

I've not heard anything about Ford having any issues aith ANY lugnuts at all.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

BTW, I got the SES.
You should call your dealer back and verify if they did or didn't say 10 days. Also, call your dealer's parts department and check to see if they have lug nuts on hand for aluminum wheels that would fit a Fiesta. I'm sure they are the same as Focus lug nuts.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
You should call your dealer back and verify if they did or didn't say 10 days. Also, call your dealer's parts department and check to see if they have lug nuts on hand for aluminum wheels that would fit a Fiesta. I'm sure they are the same as Focus lug nuts.
They are the same as a Focus, in fact it's a Focus part number for those lug nuts.

P/N 8S4Z-1012-B

It decodes as 8=2008, S4=Focus. Z=Ford and then the 1012 is the basic number for a lug nut on almost every Ford product with the B as a revision.

·
Registered
421 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^What they said.^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Banned
528 Posts
Why would they be looking at lugnuts?

You are right, the real story is the doors are packed with explosives and once you go over 60 mph, it activates.
So then you must stay over 60 mph or else the door explodes. Your best chance is drive around and look for some that looks like Keanu Reeves.

:rolleyes:I mean, obviously Ford is lying because hearing that they are replacing lug nuts (on the wheel?) is so much better than saying they are replacing doors. Who wouldn't rather hear their wheels will fall off while driving instead of having doors only rated at Acceptable by the IIHS that may open when in the small chance of an accident. :rolleyes:

I would defiantly trust the crazy stuff I think up in my own noggin instead of factual stuff that is told to me by a trusted source that has an invested interest in me as a customer. I mean, that is just logical.

Like I said, I was on the phone with my new car manager when the ford rep called in, so I heard at least his half of the conversation. They aren't just making stuff up for the fun of it.

I'm sure 10 days is a conservative number, and since they are throwing in free tint I guess I can wait.
You would have to get damn close to the lugnuts to see a crack! You would have to be down on your knees looking for a crack.....

The car could easily be moved with three existing lug nuts, and then replace it at the dealer........wouldn't they have to get a service truck out change the tire?

I call BS BS BS on this....and dude your over-reactive statement above is BS.
They would not hold a car for a lugnut. The rep may have said that to your dealer...but they are not being completely honest.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Many lug nuts made to go w/ Aluminum wheels have a SS cap for improved appearance. The beuaty cap may have been damaged somehow, probably aliens.

·
Banned
528 Posts
You are the one with an issue now.

Many lug nuts made to go w/ Aluminum wheels have a SS cap for improved appearance. The beuaty cap may have been damaged somehow, probably aliens.
My comment was simply intended to illustrate how ridiculous the excuses are getting for the delays. Multiple posters (including Ford SVT Parts) noted that a lug nut of all things is not a unique item that would take 10 days to source.

Any intelligent individual would also reason that the car could safely be loaded on the train, off the train and on to a transport for delivery with the three existing lug nuts, and the dealer could replace the defective nut.

Mr. Jazzdog, as you clearly don't like me...(which is fine) you are not privy to the internal conversations that I have had with Ford (which Ron, the owner of the site is aware of) and at the levels of Ford corporate that I have communicated with. Ford, albeit vague, did send me the information I needed to get my door upgraded to the more "robust" handles. So, my guess is that along with the "seat lever issue" that doors are probably being inspected as well, and I would venture to guess that some doors may be receiving retrofits "just in case"....

You can make fun of me all I want. It doesn't bother me one bit.
Aliens....really....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts