Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. So I was driving this morning and my check engine came on solid yellow. I noticed ZERO change in he way it drove. Later in the day I brought it to my friends shop who had a diagnosis computer and he read the error code and it came up as MAF (Mass Air Flow) error. Now usually if the MAF sensor has an issue the car will begin to stall and will just not run good because it can't meter the airflow. But I decided to check the sensor anyway. The actually sensor looks in pristine condition, no markings or wear and tear anywhere. But I'm not an expert. But I also completely unplugged the sensor when the car was running and it didn't really affect it as greatly as it should wen no sensor is plugged in. I then erased the codes and reset them and the check engine light didn't come back on until two hours later. Anybody got any ideas?

UPDATE: the error code is P0101
Open or short circuit condition
Poor electrical connection
Faulty MAF/VAF Sensor

·
Registered
959 Posts
You know, I completely forgot to take a photo. I'll go to autozone to get it re-tested today.
You better buy a OBDII bluetooth adaptor for 10 dollars and have a scan tool for your own.

Enviado desde mi SM-A500Y mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You better buy a OBDII bluetooth adaptor for 10 dollars and have a scan tool for your own.

Enviado desde mi SM-A500Y mediante Tapatalk
Faulty MAF/VAF Sensor

Does this mean I need to get a whole new sensor or can I just clean it?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Faulty MAF/VAF Sensor

Does this mean I need to get a whole new sensor or can I just clean it?
I would start with the least expensive option (cleaning) before going with the most expensive option (replacement).

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would start with the least expensive option (cleaning) before going with the most expensive option (replacement).
I took out my air filter. It was horribly dirty. I'm pretty sure it was plugged up. Cause I started it without the filter and the light went off. Then I jiggled the filter around and put it back in and it hasn't come back on since. So I'm going to buy a new filter I believe. It never ran bad. Not that I could notice anyway. So I was really skeptical about it being the sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought 3 rebuilt MAF sensors until I got one that worked now light is gone...They kept trading out old for new until one worked

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought 3 rebuilt MAF sensors until I got one that worked now light is gone...They kept trading out old for new until one worked

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
ive replaced 2 MAF sensors. They last a week and the check engine light is on again. Scanning it I get P0101 code. My mechanic at work checked it did a smoke test. He didn’t find anything. Is it because I need to buy motorcraft parts? They’re much more expensive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts