Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Fiesta with manual windows.
I decided to install power windows using this after-market kit, http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

The install wasn’t too challenging and everything seems to function pretty well.
I installed the switch that came with the kit. I have decided to pursue a stock look so I purchased a driver’s door panel and a factory master switch.

I have not, however, been able to locate a wiring diagram or schematic for the switch. Using a multi-meter and some trial and err I have deduced the pins which control:

1. The rear passenger; and
2. The front passenger window; and
3. The rear driver’s side window.

The quandary that I am faced with is that I cannot find the pins that control the driver’s window. The switch, I assume, has a one touch “auto down” function. I assume this because when the switch activated (compressed or raised) I feel a distinct double “click” that I haven’t noticed with the other switches.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or share some information that might clear this up?
Also what is the purpose of socket A, what is it used for?

This is what I have found with the multi-meter:

SOCKET C (rear windows)
Note: Socket C controls the functionality of the rear two windows only. The child safety lock affects the functionality of only the rear two windows. When engaged, the child safety lock breaks the continuity between pin 1 and 2. Pins 5, 6, 7, and 8 are “directional” leads out from the master switch to the respective door switches. When the rear switch are not active, when they aren’t compressed or raised, pin 4 (ground) has constant continuity with pins 5 through 8. Pins 5 and 6 collectively control rear passenger window. Pins 7 and 8 collectively control rear driver window. Finally, pin 3 is absent from socket C.

- Pin 1 (c) is hot coming into the master switch
- Pin 2 (c) is hot out to the other switches
- Pin 3 (c) is absent
- Pin 4 (c) is ground
- Pin 5 (c) is passenger down
- Pin 6 (c) is passenger up
- Pin 7 (c) is driver up
- Pin 8 (c) is driver down

SOCKET B (front windows)
Note: Socket B controls the functionality of the front two windows. Pins 1 and 4 are “directional” leads out from the master switch to the front passenger door switch. When the front passenger switch is not active, when its not compressed or raised, pin 5 (ground) has constant continuity with pins 1 through 4. Pins 1 and 4 collectively control the front passenger window. Finally, pins and 8 are used.

- Pin 1 (b) is passenger up
- Pin 2 (b) is not used
- Pin 3 (b) is not used
- Pin 4 (b) is passenger down
- Pin 5 (b) is ground
- Pin 6 (b) is not used
- Pin 7 (b) is power
- Pin 8 (b) is not used

SOCKET A
Note: I am not sure the purpose of socket A. Pin 3 (a) shares continuity with pin 5 (b) within socket B.

- Pin 1 (a) unknown
- Pin 2 (a) unknown
- Pin 3 (a) ground
- Pin 4 (a) unknown

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, how could you find the final diagram? since it would be of great help to me I am doing the same adaptation and I have stayed in almost the same. If you found it you could pass, thank you

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello, how could you find the final diagram? since it would be of great help to me I am doing the same adaptation and I have stayed in almost the same. If you found it you could pass, thank you
Not sure if you still need a hand, but I have the wiring book at home. I can check later tonight to see if they list a full pin out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you could help me I would appreciate it a lot, I am from Argentina and I looked in forums and asked about all the sites in my country and in Brazil. I did not find any information and I am stopped with the project

·
Registered
62 Posts
The wiring book that I have has these two diagrams in the power windows section. It's for a 2014, so I'm not sure how different it could be. I haven't had to mess with any of this myself so I can't speak from experience, but hopefully this can at least get you closer.

Let me know if you need any other diagrams.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you very much at first glance it looks like the diagram I am needing. Could you send it to me via email since the image is pixelated when I increase it. If you can but there is no problem already so you helped me a lot. email: [email protected]

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll try to re-upload them from my PC, I think going from mobile compressed them too much. I'll email you the pics too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts