Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving, MyFord Touch decided to go dark and then reboot. This took a few minutes, eventually showing the SYNC logo and then "performing routine maintenance."

Then after the maintenance bar, it flashed a Windows NT looking dialog box that was titled "Application Error." I couldn't read the rest because it stayed on screen for less than a second. Then I think it very briefly showed the four quadrant home screen, then it rebooted again. This repeated over and over. I had to park and turn off ignition, open/close door and repeat that a few times to make it stop.

Don't know yet what it will do next time I get in the car.

So I'm wondering:

Any way to fix? Many times in the past I've had to pull the MFT fuse from behind the glove box. But that was for occasions when the radio functions would stop responding to any controls. This is the first time I'm seeing this boot loop.

Any idea of cost for mechanic to replace it?

If I don't replace it, obviously no backup camera or radio... but how much does this impact resale value? Trying to decide if it's worthwhile to touch it.

Thank you!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Following up in case someone else hits this issue. It's working, again. I have a couple theories.

First more detail/recap: The MFT error and rebooting loop began when my podcast player switched over to the first episode of a new subscription I'd recently added. Each time the system rebooted, the audio went quiet, my podcast player automatically paused, and then a few minutes later when SYNC would boot back up, it would reconnect to my phone's Bluetooth and resume audio. Then it would crash and reboot again a few seconds later.

Now for two theories:

1: Fiesta is jealous that I've added a subscription to Mustangology. (I've ordered a Mustang Mach-E and need to know the world I'll soon be facing!)

or 2: Something about the title or subtitle of the episode is triggering some bug in the head unit.

I'm going with theory #1 for now, although I suppose theory #2 is way more likely. This issue definitely reminded me of The Roman Mars Mazda Virus.

More details for anyone that needs/wants to know:

2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium Hatchback (w/ Sony MyFord Touch SYNC 2 system).
MFT version: Gen 2 V3.10 (16180) (aka "Sync My Ride EA5T-14D544-BA")
Phone: Google Pixel 3a
Player: Podcast Addict
Episode: Mustangology | Introduction

1 - 2 of 2 Posts