Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have one, but waiting for the Mountune shifter to get here and do it all at once, probably end of next week. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I don't have one in my fiesta but I did install one in my focus and I am very pleased with it. Mine was from breedt designs but I don't think they make one for the fiesta yet. The idea is the same though, to reduce shift throw.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Finally got the Mountune short shifter and shifter arm combination installed, and it's an awesome combo. Shifting now just takes a tap - short, quick and precise. I love it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Finally got the Mountune short shifter and shifter arm combination installed, and it's an awesome combo. Shifting now just takes a tap - short, quick and precise. I love it.
Any chance you could post a few pics in different gears? Or a video? Mostly curious how much shorter the shift arm makes it combined with the short shifter. I was thinking about either the cfm shifter, or just the quickshift arm. I can't make up my mind, so trying to weigh my options. :) Thanks! I won't be able to do both while I'm in school. That's a couple car payments right there. Haha.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is this a direct bolt-on into the 1.6L Fiesta's? Finally traded my DCT for a manual, and looking at getting something similar completed.

Can we fit the the ST short throw shifter into our 1.6L Fiesta's?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is this a direct bolt-on into the 1.6L Fiesta's? Finally traded my DCT for a manual, and looking at getting something similar completed.

Can we fit the the ST short throw shifter into our 1.6L Fiesta's?
The 5 speed version is a direct fit. The ST version will not work, neither will the Mazda2 plate.

I haven't bought it due to price. I think that's the issue for most folks as the steeda/cfm/fordracing short shifter units are all cheaper. Even mountunes short shifter assembly is cheaper than the 5speed mountune quick shift unit.

I have short arms, so unless I want to do something like the gentleman on here that has the CFM and made his own shift rod, then slightly shortening the stock shifter or the quickshift would be the only ways for me to go. Pretty sure the guy with the custom shifter using the CFM unit said reverse lockout doesnt work anymore. That's a deal breaker for me as the gf drives the car, but otherwise I'd look into that unit since the shifter is adjustable.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Nope, I wanted a real reverse lockout which so far does not exist. Stock and all other shifters do not lockout reverse, if you pull hard enough, you can do a lot of damage. A real reverse lockout prevents the shifter from being moved into reverse until a lever is pulled. Doesn't matter if the car is moving or even running, it will not allow the shifter to move back into the reverse gait.

The Steeda/ford racing/cfm are a compromise between shortest they could get and ergonomics, with a significant amount of short created from a shaft nearly half as long. I simply corrected the ergonomics with my custom work, my shoulder no longer leaves the seat when I go for fifth. These shorter versions might be good if you lowered the seat a lot to move the center of gravity down, but you won't be looking out the windshield if you are an average height. I'm sure the others work well, but the cfm gave me the option to modify it to make it what I wanted, which is the entire reason I bought theirs over the other choices.

That said, even the stock cfm gives the user a choice of knob heights, as well as a choice of knob distance. But even with their short shaft all the way up, and in the hole closest to me, it wasn't what I wanted, but it would have been tolerable for most people.

Get the solid aluminum mounts to go with it, no more spongy feeling in the shifting.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Mountune setup has nothing spongy about it :). And I have to say so far in spite of no reverse lock-out it has thankfully prevented a couple of times my accidental shifting from 5th to reverse (I used to have the 6-speed on my old Focus :rolleyes:). Knock on wood so far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I actually need to know where does this shift arm replacement go in regards to the factory one in the gearbox.. I already ordered the mountune STS an know exactly how to install this, but can’t find anything online about the mountune quick shift..
Any assistance would be monumental

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I actually need to know where does this shift arm replacement go in regards to the factory one in the gearbox.. I already ordered the mountune STS an know exactly how to install this, but can’t find anything online about the mountune quick shift..
Any assistance would be monumental
I've had the quick shift installed for several years now. This installs onto the front of the 5 speed transmission rather the top - where the **** plate is located on the 6 speed transmissions.

Look up under the front of your car at the trans. On the front of the trans there is this large-ish plastic enclosure. Thats the shift cable housing. There are 5 or 6 little clips that lock the top/front onto it. Some can be gotten from the front and underneath - but it's best to take out the airbox to reach the ones on top and make the quick shift install easier.

Once you have the airbox out and the cover off the shift cable housing - you'll see the stock shift arm you'll be replacing with the Mountune part.

You'll need a little tool to pop the ball and socket joints from the cables off of the OEM shift plate - but all in all this was a fairly easy job to do. Instructions come with it from Mountune or you can download a pdf on their website.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I’ll probably be getting a good view of all that noise once i install the recently ordered and deeply discounter AEM CAI?😁 hopefully making it more accessible or you think i should go ahead and knock both out at the same time?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
So I’ll probably be getting a good view of all that noise once i install the recently ordered and deeply discounter AEM CAI? hopefully making it more accessible or you think i should go ahead and knock both out at the same time?
Yeah, I'd do them both at the same time. You're going to want as much room as possible to work in there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts