Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April/May-
2016 Ford Fiesta/ Manual 27,000 miles and just past the 3 year warranty.
Randomly when turning on the car a warning sign pops up: Traction control off and the engine will have a rough time starting and the dashboard warning lights will flash. After about 15-30 seconds the warning sign would go away. Typically, if I turn the car off and wait about 30 seconds and restart it, the warning sign goes away and the car seems to run fine. This happened on and off for about 1 week. It doesn’t matter if it is a cold start or if I have been driving and turn the car off to run into the store.
Later in the week, went to start the car and the traction control off warning popped up and then as I started to back up a warning sign popped up: Engine malfunction service now. The car seemed to go into a limp mode and if you pushed on the gas nothing would happen. I turned the car off and waited. After a few minutes, I started the car and it was running fine and no warnings popped up.
When we checked the computer for a code nothing registered or came up.
On one occasion when starting the car, it had a hard time starting and the battery died. We replaced the battery but the symptoms continued.
The car seemed fine for a couple of weeks and throughout the summer it would randomly pop up with the traction control off warning.
Mid October-
(It was 19 degrees) went to start the car and the engine kept turning over but wouldn’t start. The dashboard signs started flashing and a beeping sound came on. A warning sign came up: Immobilizer malfunction service now. Took the key out of the ignition and then tried to restart the car and the flashing and beeping started and a warning came up: Engine malfunction service now and the engine wouldn’t start. That evening, I tried to start the car and it had a rough start and a warning sign popped up: Traction control off. I turned the car off and waited for a minute. When I started it again it seemed to be fine and the warning signs were off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had similar issues with the traction control light, engine malfunction, and sporadic wild idling that would often result in stalls. Had no luck with multiple visits to the dealer. Finally took matters into my own hands and replaced the electronic throttle body. Easy DIY swap, and the car runs perfectly since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:
I found other electrical symptoms that led me to believe that I had a dead battery. Since I purchased it in June of this year, I was in denial that it was dead. I tested it with a volt meter and came up with 10.3 volts. Took it back to Auto Zone, they ran a load test on it and it wouldn't even function. So we got a new battery, put it in the car. Now when I start the car the traction control light does not come on as it has been. So I believe the car is fixed and will update this in a few months for confirmation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts