Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you have SYNC2 - I'm sure you will easily!!! Good luck!
I have 1.1, so it's going to take some trying and experimenting. The Fiesta isn't our daily driver though, so I can take as long as is needed. In my searching I've found that the dashboard wiring harness is separate from the rest, so that's promising. I also ordered the factory wiring diagram.

I'll update this thread with my trial and error findings.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have 1.1, so it's going to take some trying and experimenting. The Fiesta isn't our daily driver though, so I can take as long as is needed. In my searching I've found that the dashboard wiring harness is separate from the rest, so that's promising. I also ordered the factory wiring diagram.

I'll update this thread with my trial and error findings.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That's awesome! Make sure to look into that 54 pin converter for Sync1 that I posted a link to earlier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you determine the mislabeled part you bought was indeed a Sync3? Is there some code in the model I should be looking for? I'm interested in making this upgrade in my 2014 fiesta, but don't want to just end up with another Sync2. Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
How did you determine the mislabeled part you bought was indeed a Sync3? Is there some code in the model I should be looking for? I'm interested in making this upgrade in my 2014 fiesta, but don't want to just end up with another Sync2. Thanks!
The easy way to tell the difference is that the Sync 3 APIM has a GPS antenna connector on it whereas Sync 2 doesn't.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well yeah that's because Sync 3 is only 2016 and up. Not enough of them floating around in the wild yet. Remember that it doesn't have to come from a Fiesta as they're all the same across models.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well yeah that's because Sync 3 is only 2016 and up. Not enough of them floating around in the wild yet. Remember that it doesn't have to come from a Fiesta as they're all the same across models.
OP here. Actually, that matters. Fiesta's SYNC 3 is 6.5". All other Fords, to my knowledge, have 8" screens, wouldn't fit into our Fiestas.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Awesome, thanks! Now that I know what I'm looking for, it seems there are a LOT of sync 2 components on ebay (sync 3 not so much)
Hey Mendanbar, OP here. In my case I saw the SYNC 3 boot splash screen in one of the pictures. My guess would be - the junkyard I bought it from opened the car door to take interior pictures and the screen turned on. I recognized the SYNC 3 boot splash screen in the corner of the pic and went for it. There's a difference, SYNC 2 splash screen has a white background and Ford logo, SYNC 3 boot splash screen has a black/reddish background and a Ford logo. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, here is the AS-BUILT spreadsheet. As complete as it could be right now I believe. It is from a Ford Fusion, but a lot of the values are same. Some you could play around with when it comes to the APIM. Mine is not nearly as complete, but I could look for mine specifically if anybody needs any more stuff

Enjoy!
I don't see your As-Built spreadsheet, do you still have it available?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts