Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows how or why this is happening. My car will stall at stop lights if I stop to quickly I bought this car new in 2010 and I am worried it is serious and I get no codes other than the oil pressure and battery light.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do you get an oil pressure light on while driving or is that just a light that comes on after it stalls out? If it is on when you are driving, that may be a sign there is a problem with your oil system, which could indicate that your pistons do not have proper lubrication.

If that comes on after you stall, then that is not likely your issue. I believe I noticed a TSB out for the automatic transmission, which could be your problem.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Call your local dealer and see about getting it in, it's possible you need the grounding TSB and PCM reflash done.

There have been quite a few updates for the Powershift.

-Steve

·
Registered
32 Posts
The lights come on after the stall
That is normal then (because the oil pump stops moving fuel, creating a drop in pressure)
It could be a bad vacuum line, but I can't be certain if you don't get a check engine light. My suggestion would be to bring it to the dealership and see if there is a technical service bulletin that has yet to be complied with dealing with your automatic transmission.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
That is normal then (because the oil pump stops moving fuel, creating a drop in pressure)
It could be a bad vacuum line, but I can't be certain if you don't get a check engine light. My suggestion would be to bring it to the dealership and see if there is a technical service bulletin that has yet to be complied with dealing with your automatic transmission.
Oil pumps move oil, not fuel.;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just started having this problem on my 2011 fiesta. I come to a stop, hear the tranny jerking around, then stall. happened 4 times in the last month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows how or why this is happening. My car will stall at stop lights if I stop to quickly I bought this car new in 2010 and I am worried it is serious and I get no codes other than the oil pressure and battery light.
RESOLVED: My 2006 Ford Fiesta had the exact same problem. And after loosing some money on mechanics who were misdiagnosis I finally found one who correctly diagnosed correctly. The problem was the Cam Shaft positioning Sensor. The car does not stall anymore when when I reduce speed to stop at traffic lights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts