Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With any lock on Monday (maybe even Sunday!) I'll be getting behind the wheel of a brand-new Tuxedo Black SES Hatch. I'm not getting the 301A package, moonroof, or leather, but those are things I can live without. The Sync and Sirius were definite needs though as I make frequent trips from here in San Diego to Orange County and sometimes to the Bay Area or Tucson.

So, all that for $17,800 and change... Z plan FTW! Of course tax & title bumps it all the way to $19,700 and change here in CA. Still in my budget, so I'm very happy with the numbers. The only thing I have to negotiate is trade-in for my 2006 Malibu, which black books at about $7000.

Quick Question... I don't see it on the list (unsurprising since the phone is relatively new) but has anyone tried a T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (or other Galaxy S phone) with Sync?

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Does your phone run Android?

Congrats on getting your car soon! Many here are waiting, waiting, waiting! My car is scheduled for production Monday though! :D

·
Registered
341 Posts
Quick Question... I don't see it on the list (unsurprising since the phone is relatively new) but has anyone tried a T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (or other Galaxy S phone) with Sync?

yes! I have the AT&T Samsung Captivate, which is their Galaxy S phone! I pushed my contact list out to the Fiesta so I can say "Call Mom at home" instead of "Dial XXX-XXX-XXXX". I NEVER get sick of doing that. It's especially funny to do it when she's sitting in the car with me.

Once you have your car, you should sign up for Syncmyride.com and check the member forums for posts about connecting the Galaxy S to the Fiesta. I remember reading that downloading the phone book is tricky, and it's easier to push the contacts out via bluetooth than follow Fiesta prompts to download. I followed the directions a user gave on that site and everything went fine.

I haven't tried the text message thing where it reads them or sends them, so I cant' speak to that part. I also haven't tried to stream Pandora through the speakers, though I'm going to try that tomorrow because I'm at the end of my billing cycle and I have a ton of unused data left in my quota. Even though I haven't streamed music, it's clear the car recognizes that my phone is Bluetooth-music-streaming compatible and always offers to play my phone like a music source.

They are a perfect match once you get everything set up. I do have to say that I had accidentally synced my email contacts into the phone's main contact list, meaning I had thousands of email addresses in the phonebook, and that made syncing contacts with the fiesta impossible. Once I unsync'ed gmail and whatnot from the phone and tried again with just the numbers, it went fine.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
With any lock on Monday (maybe even Sunday!) I'll be getting behind the wheel of a brand-new Tuxedo Black SES Hatch. I'm not getting the 301A package, moonroof, or leather, but those are things I can live without. The Sync and Sirius were definite needs though as I make frequent trips from here in San Diego to Orange County and sometimes to the Bay Area or Tucson.

So, all that for $17,800 and change... Z plan FTW! Of course tax & title bumps it all the way to $19,700 and change here in CA. Still in my budget, so I'm very happy with the numbers. The only thing I have to negotiate is trade-in for my 2006 Malibu, which black books at about $7000.

Isn't $17,800 MSRP? What is the Z plan?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't $17,800 MSRP? What is the Z plan?
Z plan is what's given to Retirees of Ford, as A plan is to corporate employees, and D plan is for dealer employees. The Z plan price is based off a percentage off dealer's invoice, which was roughly MSRP for the SES with the 6-speed at $18,865.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Oh. You didn't mention before that you got the Powershift Tranny. Got it. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well yesterday I went to the dealer to finalize the purchase. Payments will be $480/mo for me, about $70 more than the Malibu I'm trading in (which I was paying $500/mo already, so no budget impact at all). They brought the car out for me to inspect, and even after a quick rinse, it's dirty as hell. This wasn't an issue per se since the car came off the truck Thursday and hasn't gone thru Pre-Delivery Inspection yet. Being a Sunday, they didn't have a service tech on hand to do the PDI, so I have to wait till I get off work today to take delivery.

The car also has 22 miles on the clock already. Apparently, it's got a little sticker saying it was one of the cars randomly taken off the line for a 19-mile road test to make sure everything's working. I can handle that, I'd rather get the one that was randomly quality checked and verified bug free rather than the one that wasn't and is full of glitches.

Also got the Ford 72mo/100k extended warranty on a discount thru my credit union for only $1500, so I'm happy about that.

I did manage a quick snap in the middle of all the paperwork:

My New Car by dirtyblueshirt, on Flickr

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
It looks like a Monterey Grey! Post more pics in the colors forum! Congrats! *Jealous!!*

·
Registered
984 Posts
Payments will be $480/mo for me, about $70 more than the Malibu I'm trading in (which I was paying $500/mo already, so no budget impact at all).
480.00 a month ! You must have really been upside down in the Malibu or getting a very bad rate.

·
Registered
984 Posts
My credit isn't the best in the world...
That sucks. I got my loan on my own through my credit union and put money and trade down to only finance 14800 with D-plan and my payment is 284.00. I wouldn't have gotten the Fiesta for that much a month.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I took delivery of my Fiesta today... Pictures forthcoming. Its name is Tux (Tuxedo Black).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts