Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine is 1.0 EcoBoost. When accelerating at part throttle it sputters. Over half throttle it's fine. Also sometimes when I'm in gear and off throttle it acts as if I'm pushing the gas pedal, It jerks forward. I replaced the MAF sensor and no fix. Any suggestions? Check engine light came on then off. Waiting for it to come on again so I can read the code. Throttle body maybe?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Engine is 1.0 EcoBoost. When accelerating at part throttle it sputters. Over half throttle it's fine. Also sometimes when I'm in gear and off throttle it acts as if I'm pushing the gas pedal, It jerks forward. I replaced the MAF sensor and no fix. Any suggestions? Check engine light came on then off. Waiting for it to come on again so I can read the code. Throttle body maybe?
reminds me of my engine just before it exploded. Be very gentle on it until you figure out the problem.
The code is stored so even if the check engine light is off now you can still read the code.
Sounds more like a TPS sensor than an MAF sensor at this point. Also,open your coolant tank and look inside, what do you see?? Get the codes read and report back
-Marc

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
reminds me of my engine just before it exploded. Be very gentle on it until you figure out the problem.
The code is stored so even if the check engine light is off now you can still read the code.
Sounds more like a TPS sensor than an MAF sensor at this point. Also,open your coolant tank and look inside, what do you see?? Get the codes read and report back
-Marc
It has no stored codes. Coolant looks fine. I'm having it looked at again in a few days. Im thinking a tps too. He says throttle body maybe just needs cleaned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts