Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So real quick to start, I chose to put this here because I'm probably the only idiot to performance mod a 1.0Eco. If it needs to be moved back to a different area, that's cool, just figured FiST would maybe know more.

So I hit 75000mi not long ago, and clutch was slipping horribly. I called up SPEC and got a stage 1 clutch sent. Installed this past Saturday at 75160mi. I'm only at about 100mi on it, but I'm getting a really loud grinding/clunking when engaging the clutch at 4k+ RPMs. Does it just need to be broken in more? Stock flywheel still in, only changed pressure plate and clutch plate. Only problem before changing it out was the slipping. We bled it 3 times after install. I'm still working on getting used to the upgraded feel, but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be clunking into gear like that. Any ideas???

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't think it would cause your issue, but did you have your flywheel machined down? The surface needs to be reconditioned when changing the clutch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't, but I'm planning on replacing it very soon, we examined it and it looked in good condition

1 - 3 of 3 Posts