Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old coolant tank finally cracked and started leaking. At only 65k. Lucky I noticed it low. Replaced the hoses too. Only took 15 minutes. Everyone replace it before you overheat. 150 bucks
Hood Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas

·
Registered
2 Posts
Isn’t it unconscionable that they designed this coolant system with a plastic 24psi tank and lousy clips? Couldn’t they at least have conventional clamps? And for something so critical to life of the engine and turbo! All the technology in the engine and they punt on the cooling reservoir! Rant over.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Isn’t it unconscionable that they designed this coolant system with a plastic 24psi tank and lousy clips? Couldn’t they at least have conventional clamps? And for something so critical to life of the engine and turbo! All the technology in the engine and they punt on the cooling reservoir! Rant over.
Twice now my bottom radiator hose has popped off and I never knew till I could smell strange smells and the engine started making tappet sounds..

Even though I watch the engine temperature using torque pro app on my phone, the temperature still read 96°C as the temperature sensor won't operate off just air.. so it stays at the last recorded temperature reading..

Both times I thought the engine was gone. I have no clue what temperature it got up to. The plastic coolant tank is a massive mistake alone...

Honestly not sure how my engine survived...

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts