Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I recently purchased a 2014 Fiesta SE sedan with the 1.6L Duratec and 5 speed manual. I was looking for an ST, but couldn't find one with the correct price point and mileage/condition combination. So I ended up with an SE with a good number of options in nearly pristine condition at a good price. I'm really enjoying the car right now and if I'm still enjoying it come summer I might want to start doing some performance mods. My first would be a set of nice coilovers.

I'm just wondering if there are any major differences between the SE and ST models that I should be aware of before I start? For example, would a set of coilovers designed for the ST compatible with the SE, or are there differences in the steering knuckles or upper strut mounts between the two? Are there any recommended coilover sets that would lower the car and improve the handling without making the ride ridiculously harsh?

I've had several MK1 Focuses, including an 02 SVT and an 03 duratec that are currently in my driveway, and I'm familiar with the slight differences between those models. I'm hoping to build the same knowledge regarding the Fiesta as well.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to buy a Haynes manual or something similar.
I think the biggest differences are that the ST comes with the 1.6L Ecoboost engine, 6-speed manual, disc brakes in the back, and bucket seats, but you probably already knew that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would just buy the Ford Racing Handling Pack... These cars already handle great stock, and unless you get the more expensive coilovers and plan on tracking it, you're not going to notice a difference on the street other than riding worse. Why dump money into an SE when you could've just had a stock ST and not need to modify it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts