Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Ordered a Fiesta yesterday. It is a Blue Flame SE Hatch with 203A, Sunroof, Sirius and Lighting, and the Winter Package, basically as loaded as an SE can be. It will be my first new car. I'll be coming from a 01 Pontiac Grand Prix that's getting high in the miles and I'm so excited to not have to worry about my car.

My salesman was very nice and very understanding that I knew exactly what I wanted, but I have some questions about the ordering process.

1. My priority number is 19. I understand that is not a bad number, but it could be better. Would it be worth it to head in and see if he can bump it up? Orders aren't actually submitted until a few days after it has been placed, correct?

2. What kind of updates should he be able to give me? He didn't say anything about keeping in contact as my Fiesta progresses, just, "We'll probably get it end of October or early November". I see you can get your VIN once the car is built, so should my salesman be able to give me mine in a few weeks?

I'm not sure I've ever been this excited before, it's a weird feeling. Hopefully I do get it at the end of October and that my current car hangs on until then.

Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
They should get a VIN once production is scheduled - which will be a week or two from now. At that point they should be able to give you the date which production would start. Production takes a few days. Then it's the long wait for delivery which is totally dependent on where you live, when the next shipment out is, where your car is in the holding lot when that shipment happens, etc.

it seems to be taking about a month from order to production (of course that is also dependent on your priority number i suppose).

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Welcome! Anverc is correct. It can take a couple of weeks (or more). Considering the numbers go from 10-99 (basically) 19 really isn't too bad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I'm in Ohio so I would imagine my Fiesta will be going through Baltimore. Other than the seat lever hold it seems thing have been moving pretty smoothly through there. Hopefully everything stays on schedule and I do actually get my car within eight weeks.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Good luck on your timeframe, and welcome to the Forums! Look about and feel free to post. :)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mine went through Illinios to Minnesota. Figure three to four weeks for shipping. I'd like to think eight weeks for you. Ask for the rail car number, when it's loaded you can trac its' progress going all over North America! The dealer should have all that. The plus side you got to order it exactly as you wanted. Didn't pay for things you didn't want and got everything you did. Even a domestic Toyota you can't do that. At least I wasn't able to do that when I got my Matrix. A very disapointing car. Now my Fiesta, lots of little things that impress all the time. Just keep in mind it isn't in the Pontiacs size or price class.

·
Registered
984 Posts
The one that I ended getting that was ordered for dealer stock, because the one that I reserved was and and far as I know still stuck somewhere, took 27 days from the date it was built to the day it landed on the dealers lot. I would think that by the time that yours is built that the backlog in shipping would be cleared up and it shouldn't take too long to get your car.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am sad today, my dealer gave me an update and the car is still sitting in Baltimore where it has been since the 20th. My coupon for the $750.00 off expires next Monday and certainly there isn't a chance the car will be here by then and it won't be honored. I have asked them to call around and see if they can find one similar in my state that a dealer may be willing to trade for the one I was purchasing when it gets here. I have requested a new brochure from the Ford website since the first one I got came to my house without my requesting it and hoping maybe I can get a new coupon for a bit longer. This will go down in my history books as the most effort I have ever put into trying to buy a new car!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I am sad today, my dealer gave me an update and the car is still sitting in Baltimore where it has been since the 20th. My coupon for the $750.00 off expires next Monday and certainly there isn't a chance the car will be here by then and it won't be honored. I have asked them to call around and see if they can find one similar in my state that a dealer may be willing to trade for the one I was purchasing when it gets here. I have requested a new brochure from the Ford website since the first one I got came to my house without my requesting it and hoping maybe I can get a new coupon for a bit longer. This will go down in my history books as the most effort I have ever put into trying to buy a new car!!!
Call the hotline about your coupon. They may be able to help you

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hello everyone!

Ordered a Fiesta yesterday. It is a Blue Flame SE Hatch with 203A, Sunroof, Sirius and Lighting, and the Winter Package, basically as loaded as an SE can be.
Great combo! Been using the heated seats this weekend, you'll be very happy! Each week, I'm been happier with my decision.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I opted for the SE because I didn't care for the extras the SES offers. I don't want leather, have concerns about the push-button start, and don't care about the bigger wheels (especially since the Sport Package includes real wheels). Other than those things I still get everything the Fiesta offers.

I have a quick question about the sunroof. When slid open, does it slide into the roof or over the roof? Neither Fiesta on my dealer's lot have a sunroof, so I was wondering.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I have a quick question about the sunroof. When slid open, does it slide into the roof or over the roof? Neither Fiesta on my dealer's lot have a sunroof, so I was wondering.

Thanks.
Into the roof. One of the Fiestas I test drove had push-button start and a sunroof.

·
Registered
642 Posts
The dealer should be able to help you out on the coupon by backdating the sale - once you get your car.

Ideally, if all goes well, lead time on ordering a Fiesta and receiving it is 10-12 weeks. I base this on my experience which I feel was good and without delays except for a small one waiting on the sunroof; which, early on, experienced a production delay. I ordered in mid-April and took delivery 2nd week of July. Welcome and best of luck!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello everyone!
1. My priority number is 19. I understand that is not a bad number, but it could be better. Would it be worth it to head in and see if he can bump it up? Orders aren't actually submitted until a few days after it has been placed, correct?
I don't know if you can read much into a priority of 19... It's probably pretty good. I was looking into this a few weeks ago, and I came across this amazingly detailed explanation of how orders, allocations, priorities and scheduling all work for Ford dealers. It was originally taken from a Ford truck forum, but I expect it's pretty much the same for any Ford order.

I'm not sure I've ever been this excited before, it's a weird feeling. Hopefully I do get it at the end of October and that my current car hangs on until then.
Good luck! I couldn't wait on an order (bad rod bearing - I didn't think it would last 10 weeks!) so I bought off the lot, but I live in an area with lots of dealers, and after searching a few dozen I finally found what I was looking for about 45 minutes away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts