Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Looks like the place for Fiesta news, reviews and opinions,..

I'm in the tire kicking stage, I've taken one test drive in a 5dr SES w/ the dual-clutch gearbox and was impressed. I'm a fan of fun, small, inexpensive to run,.. trouble is, there haven't been any cars like that for quite awhile. I don't see a Mini as "inexpensive to run" and i have an aversion to BMW dealerships since my last 2002.

I'm thinking roof, leather and 5 spd, my wife may have a thought on the transmission, she's seen the car in the showroom but hasn't taken a spin yet, she liked what she saw.

One thing i notice on my test drive was glare from the dash on the windshield, it's a small issue, but noticeable. Is this a problem for some of you owners? Is there a fix?

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Welcome to Fiesta Faction :)

I haven't heard of any glare issue with the dashboard. The ones I've sat in didn't have any issue that I could say were major or any different from a car with such a large windshield.

As for the transmission, definitely give both of them a good test drive. It obviously has to be something that you both can live with :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome!

I don't have any glare when I wear blue-blocker sunglasses. Without them there is some glare.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Welcome to FF! It sounds like you'd be quite happy with a Fiesta. I live in an area that has a lot of cloudy days, so the glare wasn't an issue for me.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Welcome! Hopefully some of the info here will help you make your decision.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No glare noticed

I took the test drive on a very bright sunny day and did not notice any glare. I have issues with my eyes already from staring at a computer all day at work and if there would have been glare I would have noticed. Possible the dealer used some sort of high gloss cleaner to spiffy it up after delivery that caused this?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome I hope we can help answer your questions here.

I've taken 3 now for test drives on cloudy and bright sunny days and have not noticed any unusual glare off the dash area. Maybe they wiped it off with something like armor all?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have owned my Fiesta for about 2 and 1/2 months now, and
I can tell you that it DOES have the windshield glare issue that
you noticed!
If you have read many reviews of the car you will see that more
than one of the reviewers have commented on this issue also.
On bright sunny days there is a definite reflection of the dash
in the windshield that you can see while driving.
For me, it is not enough to be a deal breaker, and is not enough
that I think it impairs my ability to see safely while driving.
But, it is enough to be somewhat annoying at times.
Just something to be aware of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have owned my Fiesta for about 2 and 1/2 months now, and
I can tell you that it DOES have the windshield glare issue that
you noticed!
If you have read many reviews of the car you will see that more
than one of the reviewers have commented on this issue also.
On bright sunny days there is a definite reflection of the dash
in the windshield that you can see while driving.
For me, it is not enough to be a deal breaker, and is not enough
that I think it impairs my ability to see safely while driving.
But, it is enough to be somewhat annoying at times.
Just something to be aware of.
Thanks. I've been driving cars that try to design the windshield so the glare doesn't reflect and it was very obvious to me on the Fiesta test drive that it's an issue. I don't know if it's a big deal, I'll have to spend more time in a Fiesta to see if it is.

I've seen the glare thing mentioned by other reviewers, I knew it wasn't from an Armor All treated dash or swamp gas.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Thanks. I've been driving cars that try to design the windshield so the glare doesn't reflect and it was very obvious to me on the Fiesta test drive that it's an issue. I don't know if it's a big deal, I'll have to spend more time in a Fiesta to see if it is.

I've seen the glare thing mentioned by other reviewers, I knew it wasn't from an Armor All treated dash or swamp gas.
I did notice the glare for about the first week but after that I have learned to look through it and don't even notice it until someone brings it to my attention.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I did notice the glare for about the first week but after that I have learned to look through it and don't even notice it until someone brings it to my attention.
I'm the same way, I look right through it and don't notice it hardly at all. Especially with sun glasses on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts