Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ford fiesta se man.
13 Posts
Hello, I am currently modifying my 2014 fiesta se hatch. And is looking for a place to by a front st bumper, somewhere in the Dallas Texas area. I already did air intake, wing risers and an exhaust any other suggestions would be appreciated! :)))) View attachment 1077
Hi,
You should try to put some 17 inch wheels. I would recommend some Motegi or the Ford performance wheels (5 spokes or multispoke). Lowering the car with H&R sport springs would help with the look. They are pretty cheap on Tirerack. Ceramic brake pads could help with the braking performance, also. There are Fiesta decals all over the web. You put them on the side of your car. Those would look really cool! Finaly, I would recommend painted/wrapped miror caps but also paint protection. These Fiesta can rust pretty quickly.

Still, it looks really nice with the painted calipers and the wing risers! Love that window tint btw. When you said you changed the intake, did you removed the cloth piece under your bonnet? It can help with getting the induction noise into the cabin. The coolest thing to do would be to buy a Fiesta ST symposer but I have a hard time finding them online. Fitting fog lights would be cool as it can improve your visibility but if you want to do it in the cheap way you can slap on your grill those adhesive led bar and plug them to your fuse box.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wen you said you changed the intake, did you removed the cloth piece under your bonnet? It can help with getting the induction noise into the cabin. The coolest thing to do would be to buy a Fiesta ST symposer but I have a hard time finding them online.
What cloth piece are you referring to? Also, I have not heard of anyone adding the ST symposer onto a base Fiesta. Any info on how to do that? I'm curious as to how it would sound in the cabin with our naturally aspirated engines.

·
Registered
2015 ford fiesta se man.
13 Posts
What cloth piece are you referring to? Also, I have not heard of anyone adding the ST symposer onto a base Fiesta. Any info on how to do that? I'm curious as to how it would sound in the cabin with our naturally aspirated engines.
I am reffering to this piece here:
Bicycle part Auto part Pattern Fashion accessory Font

It is called a bonnet insulation mat.
As for the symposer I guess that drilling a hole in the intake tube would do the job? The best bet would be to buy a complete st intake but it would not necessarily fit as it start more from the back of the engine. I know the mustang and the focus ST also have such a system. Once the part found, everything left would be to attach it and to route big tube from the intake to the inside of the firewall. I wouldn't do it as I'm not sure if it would work but it would be really cool though.
Product Font Engineering Auto part Vehicle

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am reffering to this piece here:
View attachment 1092
It is called a bonnet insulation mat.
As for the symposer I guess that drilling a hole in the intake tube would do the job? The best bet would be to buy a complete st intake but it would not necessarily fit as it start more from the back of the engine. I know the mustang and the focus ST also have such a system. Once the part found, everything left would be to attach it and to route big tube from the intake to the inside of the firewall. I wouldn't do it as I'm not sure if it would work but it would be really cool though.
View attachment 1093
Oh that must be a British term, I know it as a car hood lol. I'll probably remove that insulation mat to see if it changes the induction volume, but not too sure it would be audible over the exhaust. Interesting, I will try to find out more info on that symposer plan!

·
Registered
2015 ford fiesta se man.
13 Posts
Oh that must be a British term, I know it as a car hood lol. I'll probably remove that insulation mat to see if it changes the induction volume, but not too sure it would be audible over the exhaust. Interesting, I will try to find out more info on that symposer plan!
I'm canadian, not british though. It seems like google calls that piece of insulation "bonnet insulation mat". It might change nothing in your case, but in my case I can hear a lot more induction noise and the look of the engine bay is greatly improved. Oh and weigt reduction 👌

Just kidding. You have nothing to lose if you try. What is your exhaust set up? Good luck for the symposer thing, I think that it would make the driving a lot more enjoyable! The piece of foam kinda cuts the airflow so that you only get sound and not aire in the cabin. PVC could be a great material for the tubes as it is light and it makes the sound resonate...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm canadian, not british though. It seems like google calls that piece of insulation "bonnet insulation mat". It might change nothing in your case, but in my case I can hear a lot more induction noise and the look of the engine bay is greatly improved. Oh and weigt reduction 👌

Just kidding. You have nothing to lose if you try. What is your exhaust set up? Good luck for the symposer thing, I think that it would make the driving a lot more enjoyable! The piece of foam kinda cuts the airflow so that you only get sound and not aire in the cabin. PVC could be a great material for the tubes as it is light and it makes the sound resonate...
I did see the Canadian flag by your avatar, but Google told me it was a British term lol. Here in the states, the Ford dealers call it "hood insulation pad", nonetheless, nice to learn new words/meanings. Haha, yes weight reduction. I have the stock ST exhaust on my car, it sounds really good. Not sure if I'll try the symposer, but I am curious about what the cabin noise would be like. I'll look into it some more, put it on my maybe to do list.

·
Registered
2015 ford fiesta se man.
13 Posts
I did see the Canadian flag by your avatar, but Google told me it was a British term lol. Here in the states, the Ford dealers call it "hood insulation pad", nonetheless, nice to learn new words/meanings. Haha, yes weight reduction. I have the stock ST exhaust on my car, it sounds really good. Not sure if I'll try the symposer, but I am curious about what the cabin noise would be like. I'll look into it some more, put it on my maybe to do list.
Oh, I didn't see this detail, ^^''
Hood insulation pad huh...I'l make sure to not forgent this term. I didn't have to deal with a Ford Dealer as I bougt my car as a used vehicule. Do you have a clip of your car with the ST exhaust, I'm curious...

I have the stock piping and muffler but unresonated and as it is it sounds great too, but it is not really deep sounding as the stock piping is 1.75 ID and 1.88 OD if I recall. Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am currently modifying my 2014 fiesta se hatch. And is looking for a place to by a front st bumper, somewhere in the Dallas Texas area. I already did air intake, wing risers and an exhaust any other suggestions would be appreciated! :)))) View attachment 1077
Can I ask you which exhaust did you put on it,me too,I want to change my exhaust on my fiesta se 2019 any idea on where to get them or which exhaust

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh, I didn't see this detail, ^^''
Hood insulation pad huh...I'l make sure to not forgent this term. I didn't have to deal with a Ford Dealer as I bougt my car as a used vehicule. Do you have a clip of your car with the ST exhaust, I'm curious...

I have the stock piping and muffler but unresonated and as it is it sounds great too, but it is not really deep sounding as the stock piping is 1.75 ID and 1.88 OD if I recall. Thanks for your interest!
I will get a clip of it soon! Also, I took off the hood insulation and I can hear the intake a bit more so there's that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts