Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

so just introducing myself and getting back into forums a little. I have had other modified cars in my earlier youth but these days it’s motorcycles over cars.However I always want to modify everything I own 🤷🏻‍♂️😂. I have a 2014 fiesta S, black on black. I bought used with just under 50,000km(not sure the miles). 5 speed manual because I thought I really wanted that to “drive” but I find myself losing my mind in heavy traffic 😂. Still like manuals though. Mainly I decided to come on here to find out what cost effective cool mods I can do over time, see pictures of non turbo fiestas with wheels and lowering springs etc etc. I don’t have any intentions of hp/tq performance upgrades. I just daily drive it. Currently though, it’s looking like I have worn input shaft bearing..SO, it’s got to Ford this week or next week to see how much that’s going to be, even replacing the trans would be cheaper than a new car because of the overall condition of my car. I didn’t know about this issue before I bought, kinda had to buy/best option at the time. Anyways…Yeah just looking to getting it all sorted and add some small rims and fat tires/mudflaps and maybe tint, I like the rally look of these cars…maybe a few other things. Just make a decent looking daily driver. I have a good sized light bar I’d like to put behind the grill too at some point. I drive out of town often.

cheers!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome, definitely got the right mind set for your fiesta. theres some cheaper mudflaps on ebay for about 20ish bucks that are easy to install, effective, and look good until you want to bite the bullet and get rally armour. I have these after about 3 years and theyre holding on strong! Helps tame the snow for sure.

I got something along these lines Splash Guards & Mud Flaps for Ford Fiesta for sale | eBay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am a pretty short guy so my biggest thing at the moment apart from the transmission falling apart(I’m very bitter about that), is getting some tint on the windows…The fiesta is so small and with my short self, I get suv/truck headlights directly in my eyes from all the mirrors. Sometimes cars too. It’s just unfortunate how illegal it is…I think I’m just going to toss my credit card at it and say screw it depending on the cars repair costs. I like the look of 35-25% tint on the front and back sides and back windows. But I feel like if I’m going to be illegal with it just go 5% like when I 18yrs old. I see a lot of cops in my area too so 5% is asking for it. I’d like to have the tint where you can see a person in the car but dark enough to not be recognize a person hahaha I know that sounds super shady(pardon the pun) but from a cosmetic standpoint that’s what I am going for.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I like the look of 35-25% tint on the front and back sides and back windows. But I feel like if I’m going to be illegal with it just go 5%
Not sure about the laws in your part of canada, but I run 5% on my rear window and back seats, I have 35% on the driver and passenger window and then I had a 5% brow on the front and it makes a helluva difference on how cool the car gets. With winter coming, you might be able to get a discount on having tint done since it's not their "busy season" If you don't want to shell out cash for the A/C yet, grabbing some window visors might help when summer comes back.

Don't dismiss modifying your car in ways that are legal. If your city and providence(think thats what you guys call em lol) laws say "max 35% in driver and passenger windows" and nothing about what you can have in the back, you're good. If you're doing legal things, and you're driving safely (being cautious, considering speed limits, being courteous to other drivers) and haven't done anything crazy to the car, there is no reason to be pulled over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I am in Alberta, Canada. So -40c some weeks of winter. -20 to -25 on average I’d say. Haha. No problem staying cool the next 6 months but I can see. 0% tint on driver and passenger windows for most provinces(provinces are like states vs cities) except Ontario, Maybe BC and I’m not sure on some others but Alberta, you cannot have any legally. Tickets are like 150 bucks if you get a ******** cop. I like uniform tint so I’d rather get 25-35% all around than 5% in back and something lighter in front. Looks cleaner too me. First “Mod” I am doing is a remote start when the car gets back from Ford. I am not doing another winter without it, plus I’m sick of opening my doors with a key especially when my hands are full..It’s annoying. So that’ll be happening ASAP.

I thought last night how cool it would look if I didn’t lower the car but kept stock height with 16s and a beefy tire to give slightly higher clearance and keep an off-road baja look, once I add fender flares and rally lights on the grill with some kind mount/push bar and then a cool basket/roof rack on top. Kinda like a modified crosstrek but a fiesta. I wouldn’t want the centre of gravity or whatever to get all ****ed up but like a 1.5 body lift or suspension if it’s possible might help it look cooler and give clearance without throwing things off too much, add some parts to help prevent body roll . I will start a build thread when I start accumulating parts.

PS. This forum seems kinda dead haha. I thought I’d see a lot more in photo sections

1 - 6 of 6 Posts