Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming the usual power related parts are what most people want. Intakes and exhaust are pretty basic first steps. How many here on Fiesta Faction plan to mod? And if so will you wait for a while or start right away?

·
Registered
839 Posts
If Bryan (BRGT350) is any indicator, the answer would have to be "upon delivery". From previous posts, it appears several of us are stockpiling parts/accessories in advance of delivery. And seeing what Bryan did with his Fiesta probably gives a lot of us more inspiration. Certainly, power upgrades (ala UK's Mountune) would make some of us salivate.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
plan to mod? I've had my Fiesta for a month now and modded it as soon as I got it home :) not much yet just the removal of the "SES" badge, added sport aluminum pedal covers, the leather aluminum shift knob and a K&N drop-in air filter. I'm waiting for the Ford Racing performance parts to become available. Does FSWerks have Fiesta stuff now?

·
Banned
528 Posts
What could you really do to boost the engine....without voiding the warranty?

The engine is clearly (unless you constantly floor it and maximize torque) slightly lacking on "boogity boogity" however, we do know that it was designed for fuel economy. I prefer to drive very conservatively. I prefer to keep the RPM's at or below 2500 (this delivered consistend mileage in the 34 to 38 mpg range on my 08 Focus, delivering this at a maximum 60 mph.

I have pushed this car, and driven it conservatively, and strangely enough, fuel mileage slightly improves closer to 3000 RPMS....Mileage is at 2300 and overal average is 35.9 mpg overall (according to the computer in the car) my fuel reciept calculations mirror this. Reached and maintained 46 mpg on a 600 mile road trip.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm not sure what the post above has to do with mods, but I am of the "mod now" crowd. I will sacrifice some MPGs for more torque. Yes, the standard mods- intake, exhaust (stealth w/normal tip, like you had for Focus).

·
Banned
528 Posts
I'm not sure what the post above has to do with mods, but I am of the "mod now" crowd. I will sacrifice some MPGs for more torque. Yes, the standard mods- intake, exhaust (stealth w/normal tip, like you had for Focus).
Bottom end power mods...ecm tuning.....that's what I was asking about.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I am ready today for a FSWerks catback exhaust! Based on my car budget, I would be looking at a FSWerks tune sometime next spring. Here is my general timeline for what I want to do to my Fiesta;
K&N Filter: Tonight
Catback exhaust: Summer 2010
Transmission Torque Mount: Summer-fall 2010
Short Throw Shifter: Summer-fall 2010
Intake tube: Spring 2011
SCT/FSWerks tune: Spring 2011
Tubular header with high flow car: Summer 2012

I am planning on keeping the car normally aspirated, and only adding a few bolt on parts to wake the car up. The US Fiesta is not nearly as fun to drive with the tall gear ratio's, so I am hoping a little increase in power will help. It also seems to only make power north of 4000 RPM's, which I don't remember it being so noticable on the EU Fiesta. With the twin variable cams, I would guess it would be possible to adjust midrange torque values. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd is where I really notice the lack of mid-range power. I was very used to the EU Fiesta that stayed in the power band between the 2nd and 3rd shifts when shifting about 4k. The US car requires shifting into 3rd over 5k rpm in order to keep the car accelerating. My plan is get the engine to flow better and have it tuned for more mid range power. It needs more usable power to work with the poor gear ratio's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm planning on modding mine. It's a bit too quiet as of right now, a nice catback exhaust and cold air intake should help that!

·
Registered
406 Posts
i'm hoping fswerks gets a cat-back system out soon. new headers and a cold air intake--along with re-mapped processor--would be all I could ask for. If things don't appear soon I may even shop from the UK. pumaspeed.co.uk has a complete header/cat/exhaust system for about $1500. That's pricey, but I don't see anything else out there yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i'm hoping fswerks gets a cat-back system out soon. new headers and a cold air intake--along with re-mapped processor--would be all I could ask for. If things don't appear soon I may even shop from the UK. pumaspeed.co.uk has a complete header/cat/exhaust system for about $1500. That's pricey, but I don't see anything else out there yet.
That looks to be for the zetec engine. If I'm not mistaken don't we have the Duratec 1.6l in ours?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Does FSWerks need a test car? I'm only down the street from them....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bolt ons are nice, but I'd be much more interested in a turbo or supercharger kit.

I can't imagine bolt ons would do that much for a small, 4-cylinder engine.

just my .02

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know for my dads sentra with a 1.8l and my scion 1.5l it made a decent difference.. It doesn't make a huge difference, but it makes it a little easier to accelerate while driving normal. I didn't have to downshift as much for hills to keep speed at times. Big hills of course will end all.. lol Everything that BRGT350 said would make a difference. Not like a mustang vs fiesta diff but would be nice. The turbo or S/C would make the most diff. Not much boost could be run because of the 11:1 im thinking. Maybe no more than 7psi

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm interested in mods as well. I know Ford Racing is developing a CAI and low-restriction exhaust for the car and I'm inclined to wait (primarily due to budget) awhile before I install these items. Some immediate cosmetic areas include:

- Euro Rear Spoiler
- Sill Plates
- Center Arm Rest

Future performance mods include:
- CAI
- Ford Racing Exhaust (I hope somebody (like 3D Carbon) eventually offers a simple lower rear fascia with exhaust cut-out to accommodate the exhaust Ford Racing is working on)
- Lowering springs (I think the OEM handling is pretty good; I'm just looking for a lower stance)

I hope somebody comes out with functional fog lights. The LED lights offer nice bling, but I like fucntionality.

·
Registered
947 Posts
What's the point of a "Cold Air Intake"??? The stock position already sucks cold air from behind the headlight!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm sure that whatever Ford Racing is developing will replace anything that's stock. There wouldn't be any point of developing a CAI if it utilzes the stock intake.

·
Registered
947 Posts
My point is that you're not going to get the intake air any colder than stock unless you referigerate it. So what's the point of "developing" a new one?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts