Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning and thanks in advance for the help. I have a totally stock SE that I am looking to tighten the handling up on.

It looks like the Ford Performance FR3 handling kit and a bolt on rear bar stiffener from the ST or Corksport are the right first steps?

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
In addition, I’d upgrade the front sway bar too. I haven’t done the sway bars yet, but the Ford suspension tightened everything up surprisingly well. Nothing to write home about, but it’s definitely noticeable.

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Cold Air Intake
OBX Header with high-flo cat, resonator, and DC Sports muffler and 2.5” exhaust
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
3M Dark Smoke Vinyl Wrapped Lights

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast response Dean - is there a front bar recommendation here that people like for street (not track or overly harsh)?

I have to say I’m a bit dumbfounded that I didn’t discover how fun these are until just now. Great car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’d just search around. Same year ST bars will fit. I just haven’t spent the time yet. I had my shop put the Ford suspension on with zero issues about 40,000 miles ago and it’s still doing well. Total drop was about an inch after it settled which has the wheel and tire I use centered perfectly in the wheel well.

I bought mine new in 14 with 10 miles on it for home health. I’m at 184,000 and still on the original clutch. I changed the timing belt, water pump, and thermostat at 181,000. It’s a great little car.

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Cold Air Intake
OBX Header with high-flo cat, resonator, and DC Sports muffler and 2.5” exhaust
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
3M Dark Smoke Vinyl Wrapped Lights

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the follow up Dean, good to hear you are enjoying the car and it’s been reliable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Highly recommend the rear torsion bar. for $100 its pretty noticeable improvement on corners and the over roll. Super easy install as well. I put this on mine and its been well worth it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts