Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something, or is Ford kidding me? I'm not talking about the color-changeable ambient light in the slot above the glove box, I'm trying to figure if there's a light in the box itself. If not, who the heck decided to save that buck and a half during product design? :mad:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I hadn't noticed yet - but that seems like something that should be on the suggestion list for the next model year, along with the grab handles for the passengers, the armrest option, etc.
grab handles (or "oh sh*t bars" as I've called them for years) aren't an easy feat (if not impossible) with the side curtain airbags. We figure this is the same reason we lack a coat hook as well...

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Glove bos lights, under hood lights have been disapearing from lots of cars, even more expesive cars. My wifes 30K minivan doesn't have a glove box light, but she has two glove boxes and lights every where else.

I agree that it shoulod have a light.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
My Focus never had a glove box light... don't really miss it all that much from this one.

On a side note, is that funky little thing attached to the side of the glove box a pen holder?

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I've never had a car with a glovebox light... I tend to keep a flashlight in there, but things get a bit too full for a light to be of use. Just another bulb to change eventually in my opinions.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My other car has the glove box light as well as a rechargable factory flashlight in it's own recharging location within the glove box. Was pretty impressed with that, wish all cars had it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is there something in there you need to see? I can't imagine why I would ever need a glove box light. The car has the light in the overhead that is adjustable.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Why do you need a glovebox light when you have so many more pretty lights in the cabin to see whatever it is you are looking for in there :)

My Focus didn't have a light in there & neither did my 07 Si.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On a side note, is that funky little thing attached to the side of the glove box a pen holder?
Yup. And notice that it's rubber-ish so that it's not some brittle plastic thing to break? Well, at least not early...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I made one months ago from a Fiesta rear license light and a mecury switch. It looks and works good but it was too much money.

Sorry for the bad photo.

Dave

·
Registered
151 Posts
grab handles (or "oh sh*t bars" as I've called them for years) aren't an easy feat (if not impossible) with the side curtain airbags. We figure this is the same reason we lack a coat hook as well...
My RX-8 has then "Oh ****" bars and side air bags...
No coat hooks though

1 - 20 of 35 Posts