Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
How about an LED based light powered by the USB port? Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
How about an LED based light powered by the USB port? Just a thought.
That reminds me. I have one of those flexible computer LED USB lights. Works great as a map light for passenger in the Fiesta without causing undo glare to the driver.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Oh no! Better trade the car in because you dont have a glove box light.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my solution is...

-I bought a flashlight at Walgreen's (of all places) that's perfect. It's 3.5" long, 1" diameter, 4 AAA cell LED and bright as the sun! Fits PERFECTLY in the MP3/USB port cubby so it's right at hand for use looking in the glovebox or anywhere else in the dark- inside or out. It's metallic silver and matches the interior trim so both its size and finish make it look like it belongs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think the overhead light should be enough, plus personally i have everything in booklets so i just pull that out and done. Light its mainly for reading things, its easier to just pull papers out and look for the paper outside the glove box.

My flash drive is in the glove box hold in place by the pen holder so it blinks orange in there.

As for the handles or bar, the doors have door handles inside so you can hold on to that i guess. coat hangers, i guess you can lay them down on the back seat and keep your windows clear for better driving.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
grab handles (or "oh sh*t bars" as I've called them for years) aren't an easy feat (if not impossible) with the side curtain airbags. We figure this is the same reason we lack a coat hook as well...
um....not true at all. our 09 tsx had side curtain air bags and oh sh*t handles, and so does our golf. it's not hard at all. ford just wanted to save $0.05 a car and not put them in.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Whahappen?

What happened to the pix of the light somebody added?

·
Registered
227 Posts
My Focus never had a glove box light... don't really miss it all that much from this one.

On a side note, is that funky little thing attached to the side of the glove box a pen holder?
I've been using it to hold my tire pressure gauge :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Am I missing something, or is Ford kidding me? I'm not talking about the color-changeable ambient light in the slot above the glove box, I'm trying to figure if there's a light in the box itself. If not, who the heck decided to save that buck and a half during product design? :mad:
I have just changed the light in my 2016 fiesta titanium. The bulb is right at the top but the glove box door doesn't close far enough to turn off the light so the bulb is on all the time. The bulb has blown with being on all the time and not turned off when the glove box is closed. I taped a coin on the inside of the glove box to push the plunger in when it's closed

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine has a glovebox light! Weird! They removed it for newer models or what? I have a 2012 SES & have always had a light in there. It used to be a standard halogen, but probably in 2015 I replaced it with a square array of LEDs on a board in there.
Now when someone opens it they get "blinded by the light" hehehehe. It's so freaking bright in there. It lights up the whole cabin when opened. 🙃 I have a lot in there. I'm one of those people that stores a lot of stuff in there. You can hate me. :)

I'll come back to post pictures during my lunchbreak.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts