Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My push-button start SES steering wheel doesn't seem to lock when the vehicle is shut off. Is it supposed to? I've moved the wheel back & forth trying to find the lock, but nothing is there.

This has gotta be the first car I've seen in 30 years that didn't have a locking steering wheel :confused:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
nope. there's no steering lock with the push-button start.
it's awesome. I can push and steer my Fiesta around without a key :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
My push-button start SES steering wheel doesn't seem to lock when the vehicle is shut off. Is it supposed to? I've moved the wheel back & forth trying to find the lock, but nothing is there.

This has gotta be the first car I've seen in 30 years that didn't have a locking steering wheel :confused:
Mine is a 5 speed without push button start. No lock either, thought that was law. With a locking steering wheel, your park in a tight parking place, turn the wheel all the way over, makes it hard for someone to pull it out as it will hit the car next to you. :eek:

Also weird, turn of the car, remove the key, you have power assist for a few seconds.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I turn the wheel sharply towards the curb so my car doesn't roll away if the parking brake fails and it pops out of gear. steering locks on my previous vehicle keep it in place.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
owners manual says there is a locking steering wheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts