Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got into a head on with a guy that veered into my lane at about 30-40mph for me, no idea about his speed. Nothing broken but my spirit and probably my wallet at the end of all this. Will post some pics when I know things have settled. Rich guy, probably going to try to blame me, wish I had put the cameras in my car but never got around to it. Yes I'm keeping details light at this point in time, I'm sure most of you can figure out why.

Anyway, got back from the hospital about an hour ago, bruises and broken glasses from the airbag hitting me. my lady got a few extra bruises around the waist from the seatbelt. Thinking my belt tensioner didn't fire because I should have been bruised across my hips too. Had a bunch of stuff in the car, probably already stolen and of course the towing company won't take responsibility for any of it (rat bastards).

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Got into a head on with a guy that veered into my lane at about 30-40mph for me, no idea about his speed. Nothing broken but my spirit and probably my wallet at the end of all this. Will post some pics when I know things have settled. Rich guy, probably going to try to blame me, wish I had put the cameras in my car but never got around to it. Yes I'm keeping details light at this point in time, I'm sure most of you can figure out why.

Anyway, got back from the hospital about an hour ago, bruises and broken glasses from the airbag hitting me. my lady got a few extra bruises around the waist from the seatbelt. Thinking my belt tensioner didn't fire because I should have been bruised across my hips too. Had a bunch of stuff in the car, probably already stolen and of course the towing company won't take responsibility for any of it (rat bastards).
Damn man. Bad few days for autos in NY. Thankfully you are okay and of course it's cliche' but that's all that really matters. You can be assured that no matter what insurance companies will work to diminish their responsibility. Sad but true. Hang in there and keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone reading this, carefully examine the front main frame beams in the engine bay! My 15 was considerable rusty under the paint. Might not be able to see into unless you rip the front end off, but it looks like I would have only gotten about 3 more years of service befoore things were dangerous due to rust.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hope this all turns out favorably for you, keep us posted. Don't forget to get a new Fiesta to replace the one the rich guy wrecked, that is what I did when mine got totaled.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Hey Greg - Glad to hear you and the lady are not seriously injured. Like said above, insurance companies will take the approach of reducing their responsibility. Same with the other driver. Whatever course that takes remember that you are a paying customer and have rights. If needed get a lawyer. Been through this a couple of times and as a result I now subscribe to a prepaid type of legal services mostly as another form of ‘insurance’. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
653 Posts
Glad to hear there were no serious injuries. You have insurance for a reason, but don't let them pressure you or give you the run around. Lawyer up if you need to, especially if the other driver tries to mitigate their responsibility. Bottom line, he didn't belong in your lane going the wrong damn way.

Good luck with working things out!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No more Fiesta for me, With Ford not selling them in the USA, the value has just dropped like a rock. And with the rust on the frame under the paint, just plain no. Probably going to be a Kia. The police version of the accident report said alcohol was involved for the other driver, yet that doesn't seem to be enough for the law firm to pick up my injury case. Meanwhile I've been getting dizzy often, have an appointment at a concussion clinic on Monday unless I feel that it is getting worse and then back for another ER visit. Currently not safe to ride my motorcycles, don't even really feel safe driving cars at the dealer. Also not sure what level of car I can really afford right now, probably going to take a huge bite out of the emergency savings and hope to replenish it from a person injury lawsuit.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Checked mine, no rust on frame. If the value has dropped like a rock you should be able to get a good used Fiesta for a good price, could be a real bargain out there. I still love my Fiesta.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With insurance companies, I don't think there is anything that can be considered a fair settlement.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
No more Fiesta for me, With Ford not selling them in the USA, the value has just dropped like a rock. And with the rust on the frame under the paint, just plain no. Probably going to be a Kia. The police version of the accident report said alcohol was involved for the other driver, yet that doesn't seem to be enough for the law firm to pick up my injury case. Meanwhile I've been getting dizzy often, have an appointment at a concussion clinic on Monday unless I feel that it is getting worse and then back for another ER visit. Currently not safe to ride my motorcycles, don't even really feel safe driving cars at the dealer. Also not sure what level of car I can really afford right now, probably going to take a huge bite out of the emergency savings and hope to replenish it from a person injury lawsuit.
Police report says alcohol related and yet a lawyer does not believe they can get a settlement that covers all expenses as well as pain and suffering?!? I would take the 5 minutes to chat with another attorney for sure. This is an easy one.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Agree w/Fiesta_hack ... this should be a slam-dunk for any lawyer since cops stated alcohol involved. And if you're going to medical for possible injury it makes it even more imperative you get your insurance AND a lawyer involved. I went thru a lot when my late wife got a side-to-side whiplash injury in a Neon. But things did get settled - and the other driver was at fault (inattention).

Also, look in your policy to see if you have uninsured/underinsured coverage. The underinsured is if you have a larger liability level than the other driver, your insurance can be on the hook for the difference if you so choose. I've carried this as a part of the policy for years and it helped in the accident I mentioned above.

But beware ... your insurance company may be REALLY stubborn, so go for medical as soon as possible and have that report sent to your insurance. Time is of the essence if you go this route in addition to his company.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My car should be on Copart pretty soon. Has about 1500 miles on the FRPP suspension (you'll need one front strut), CFM short shifter with custom lever/knob, rubber floor mattes and trunk matte, and the SE spare tire/jack. Heated seats with driver lumbar, heated mirrors, Sync system that came in the 15 SE models. Interior is pretty decent, rear doors are good, front passenger door is good. Hatch is good and wheels are good. Also has new control arms, strut mounts, tie rods but not sure how much of that is worth using.

Assume motor/transmission is wrecked, pretty sure it broke motor mounts. Most of the airbags are deployed on the driver side, driver's window has been part way down for a month now, lots of stuff would have gotten wet inside.

Red with black stripe on the side (reflective "white"), 74,000 miles. They paid around $1300 for it. Thought about buying it back to make a lawn ornament with a sign that reads "This is DWI", lawyers said that may not be the best idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts