Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am needing help figuring out my power issue. I have a 2011 fiesta with the 1.6 gas engine. Head gasket was going so I swapped in a new (907 miles) engine from a 2015 fiesta. Got it in and hooked up but get a no spark issue. Swapped the CKP sensor, cam sensors, throttle body, and coil block from my old engine just in case. When I crank the engine, no rpms show up on the OBDII reader. Throws a random code now and again but nothing to do with cranking. When i try to start, the engine turns for about 2 to 3 seconds and then just stops cranking on its own. Everything worked perfect before swap, and all wires are hooked up so im at a loss. Cleaned up all tje grounds and removed paint under them also just im case it was a grounding issue. Anyone have some input??

·
Super Moderator
1,297 Posts
You say it throws a random code but has nothing to do with cranking. Are you 100% sure that it is not the cause of the no start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
804 Posts
Look into code.
Ford changed the wiring year to year, which may complicate things.
Are you sure it had no spark? Did you spray carb cleaner or starting fluid in intake to see if it starts?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Used to have this issue when swapping cylinder heads on DOHC dodge engines. Later DOHC heads had the trigger for the cam sensor (magnet) 90 degrees off of where the earlier cams did. I'd install a new head assembly and get a crank/no fire. Fortunately I had the scan tool that showed a cam/crank correlation fault and was able to modify the trigger on the cam and make it work. It's stupid, but there might be some issue like that between the earlier and later 1.6 engine. I know you're reticent to take it to a dealer, but I would have been hard pressed finding that issue if I hadn't of had the DRB (chrysler scan tool). Without being able to see what every sensor is (or isn't) doing, you might never figure it out. Unless the OP posts back what they found.

·
Registered
2 Posts
for a sad story check out ldodge post. took mine to dealer . service manager is supposed to get back to me if i get any help i will post

1 - 8 of 8 Posts