Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could swear I saw a pic of a Fiesta someplace showing a small plastic/rubber cover attached to the USB port via a tether. Our car's port doesn't have one, gonna have to find something to cover it with when it's not in use.

Harry:confused:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Get a small flash drive & put music on it. Did that when my gen 2 Nano died as a stop gap. Really happy with it.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Many ports come with plastic fillers/covers at the manufacturer for a lot of products. They get removed along the way to the end user usually, which is probably what happened. These type of covers are made with a soft flexible plastic usually and end up too loose after only a few uses anyway. You could use any piece of plastic or rubber that fits really.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I just leave my USB stick drive in it,mine didn't have a cover either but the wifes 08 Focus did.

·
Registered
642 Posts
This is good question. Just like the 12V receptacles, there should be a cover. I keep my USB patchcord plugged into it for my IPOD,

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't see why someone would need to cover their usb port, seeing as I have never had a usb port fail on my laptop, desktop computer, or usb hubs. The only covering I have ever had is the built in covering on my cellphone ports

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't see why someone would need to cover their usb port, seeing as I have never had a usb port fail on my laptop, desktop computer, or usb hubs. The only covering I have ever had is the built in covering on my cellphone ports
Because of the location of the usb port. Too easy for spills, crumbs, dust etc to fall into it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just leave a thumb drive in the USB socket. Then I can go between Sirius and my own music just by giving the SYNC command "USB".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts