Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

My engine overheated and self destructed at 60,964 miles. And no. I don't have the extended warranty. See the other thread I started for the full tale of woe.

So I am 1.6% over my warranty. According to the odometer. I have read on the internet, which we all know is 100% truth (smirk) that speedometers are required to read higher MPH than actual MPH, which makes sense. Ya know, so you're not speeding unintentionally.

Does this apply to the odometer as well? Does my car really have 59,996 miles on it?

Can some Fiesta bro (or sis?) do a test for me and see how accurate the odometer is? Unless you have a calibrated track I am not sure what this test would look like. My first thought was use the GPS on a phone, but this would only work (I think) on a pretty straight road since.

My original tires (first 30k or so) were 185/60R15 and the current ones are 195/60R15.

Welcoming your feedback-

Flex

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Odometers are made to be extremely accurate, but there can be up to 2 MPH +/- discrepancy. Unfortunately, your odometer is THE only thing that matters when making warranty decisions.

Your best bet is to get on the horn with Ford Care and kindly persuade them to help you. That's about it. Your drivetrain warranty expires at 60,001 miles.

And for the people who claim that having a dealership "document" ongoing issues so they'll be covered at some point when there's catastrophic failure out of warranty are feeding you a line of pure sunshine and lying rainbows. 1 mile out of warranty and Ford is absolved. You can only attempt to persuade them to help you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does not hurt to ask. Ford likes to keep customers and their rep. If call their customers service line and speak with them.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Odometers are made to be extremely accurate, but there can be up to 2 MPH +/- discrepancy.

My odometer was right on. At lest by the mile markers on the interstate over 15 miles. The speedo was like 5 off at 70. Said it was in Ford specs and therefore no repair.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Always smile when I go by one of those radar speed signs and see it reads exactly what I see on the dash.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've noticed some posts that moving up to a 205/50r16 from a 195/50r16 would bring my Speedo up to accurate readings. Something about inaccurate factory settings.
I have no problem with the 195 size. My GPS says it's spot on. My 2018 Fiesta SE Hatchback doesn't have that issue. I quess the factory finally fixed the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts