Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There once was but are there still Official Ford Representatives on Fiesta Faction to answer questions or help navagate getting some answers? Have an issue with my 2014 EcoBoost 1.0 SFE, and the answers coming back from Ford Inc via the Dealer... well I've got questions but neither Ford Customer Care Hotline nor the Dealer can give any help.

If not, anyone have an idea how to get explanation from Ford for how/what/why some issue would not be covered?

Thank you,
rnd

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't seen them on here in years. But I think all the rep was doing, from what I could tell, was gathering your contact info and VIN and then redirecting you to call them or something. You can still get this sort of interaction via Twitter, if you use that. Just tweet to @FordService.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... suspected as much. The Ford Customer Care line does the same information taking then "talk to your Ford dealer" that then begs off claiming they are just an independent representative of Ford, "maybe try calling Ford directly." LOL To think was also bit by the Focus DCT issue and traded that in on the SFE )-;

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah. My service advisor advised me, based on his experience with many other customers with DCTs, to call Ford and plead for a buy back (outside of lemon law status) for the DCT... On his advice, I did so, but it was just a waste of time. They eventually called back, leaving a voice mail indicating that Ford had reached out to the dealer who stated that all necessary repairs had been made, so "good news!" and nothing would be done. A couple of repairs happened later on, and so far so good since then.

Other than some parts failing earlier than I'd have hoped (motor/transmission mounts, water pump, struts, stuff like that), my only lingering issue is that the HVAC blend motors fail after about only 1 year in service. So I've had both of them replaced multiple times now. They're incredibly cheap parts, but lots of labor to replace, apparently.

·
Super Moderator
1,250 Posts
There once was but are there still Official Ford Representatives on Fiesta Faction to answer questions or help navagate getting some answers? Have an issue with my 2014 EcoBoost 1.0 SFE, and the answers coming back from Ford Inc via the Dealer... well I've got questions but neither Ford Customer Care Hotline nor the Dealer can give any help.

If not, anyone have an idea how to get explanation from Ford for how/what/why some issue would not be covered?

Thank you,
rnd
What issues are you having?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That small coolant line that goes from the overflow tank to the opposite side of the motor, started leaking... replaced it and everything seemed fine but a week later hard start, tow to dealer and now dealer says "water in motor, replace". Cost of motor plus labor (17 dealer hours!!!!) So go to inter webs and see this:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/faqs (scroll down to see the "EcoBoost 1.0 Engine Issues)

Why didn't I get any warning from Ford? The replacement part (that was a non stock 5 day wait) was the same exact part that failed (at least looked that way). The one I discarded (wish I had saved) could be snapped in two like a piece of pasta and the plastic quick fitting that goes in the block crumbled when I removed it. Ford says talk to dealer and dealer says not much they can do as Ford Dearborn says "not original owner" LOL purchased from a Ford dealer at one year old :-(

To save you from clicking that link or if it disappears, here is the text:

This note is for the attention of any of our Customers who may have experienced engine damage as a result of loss of coolant and subsequent engine overheating on their 1.0L EcoBoost equipped Ford vehicle. We want to ensure that you receive correct information and advice on this issue.

The Q+A below provides background information on this issue. After reading this please check if your vehicle is affected by Field Service Action 4S615 via our Ford ETIS System (see link below). Please have your 17-character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to hand – this is printed on the vehicle V5 document. The VIN is also visible through a panel on the lower left hand side of the front windscreen, the VIN plate under the vehicle bonnet and inside the driver’s side door.

If your vehicle is shown as being affected by Field Service Action 4S615 please contact your nearest Ford Authorised Repairer as soon as possible and they will inspect your vehicle and speak directly with us on your behalf.

If your vehicle is not affected by Field Service Action 4S615, but you have a 1.0L EcoBoost vehicle and have experienced engine damage as a result of loss of coolant and subsequent engine overheating then your vehicle will also be covered by the goodwill support programme set out below.

You can access your nearest Ford Authorised Repairer by clicking here<https://www.ford.co.uk/dealer-locator>.

To check if your vehicle is affected by Field Service Action 4S615 please click here<http://www.etis.ford.com/fordservice/home.do> to access the Ford ETIS system.

We recommend that all concerned Customers follow these easy steps so that we can get your issue dealt with promptly and with minimum inconvenience to you.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is the issue with the 1.0L Engine?

Certain Ford Focus vehicles with the 1.0L EcoBoost engine may have an issue with the degas pipe causing it to crack. This may result in the engine overheating and failing. In April 2015, owners of the affected Focus 1.0L vehicles (built between Oct 2011 and Oct 2013) were notified of a Field Service Action to change the pipe in question.

There have been a limited number of reported cases involving other vehicles with the 1.0L engine. To put this into context, the total volume of cases is 0.35% of the number of vehicles sold in the UK with the 1.0L EcoBoost engine (604,000).

2. Who will pay for my vehicle to be repaired?

With any future cases, subject to being assessed and linked to potential 1.0L engine overheating, we will make a 100% goodwill contribution to the cost of a repair at a Ford dealer, in full and final settlement.

In the past, Ford has made substantial contributions towards the cost of 1.0L repairs, but not always 100%. We have listened to our customers and we will now go further. We will re-examine previous cases to ensure that this policy of a 100% goodwill contribution to the repair cost is applied consistently.

This goodwill support program applies to all 1.0L engines that have experienced engine damage as a result of loss of coolant and subsequent engine overheating. It is not restricted by model. It also applies to vehicles affected by Field Service Action 4S615, even if a repair has already been carried out by a Ford Authorised Repairer.

In the first instance, UK owners who are seeking a goodwill contribution towards the cost of repair should contact Ford by emailing [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. It will take time to re-examine previous cases thoroughly, but we will respond to all correspondence. Please refer to Question 12 for more details.

3. Are the repairs covered by a warranty?

Yes. Parts fitted by a Ford Authorised Dealer in relation to the 1.0L EcoBoost goodwill support program, will receive a 1 year/unlimited mileage warranty. Under the terms of the warranty, this means that should the part subsequently fail due to a manufacturing or material defect during this warranty period, the costs of both parts and labour will be covered in full.

4. How do I find out if my vehicle is affected by Field Service Actions?

Please check if your vehicle is affected by Field Service Action 4S615 via our Ford ETIS System (see link below). Please have your 17-character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to hand – this is printed on the vehicle V5 document. The VIN is also visible through a panel on the lower left hand side of the front windscreen, the VIN plate under the vehicle bonnet and inside the driver’s side door.

If your vehicle is shown as being affected by Field Service Action 4S615 please contact your nearest Ford Authorised Repairer as soon as possible and they will inspect your vehicle and speak directly with us on your behalf.

You can access your nearest Ford Authorised Repairer by clicking here<https://www.ford.co.uk/dealer-locator>.

To check if your vehicle is affected by Field Service Action 4S615 please click here<http://www.etis.ford.com/fordservice/home.do> to access the Ford ETIS system.

We recommend that all concerned Customers follow these easy steps so that we can get your issue dealt with promptly and with minimum inconvenience to you.

5. Does this goodwill support programme only apply to the 1.0L EcoBoost Ford Focus vehicles affected by the Field Service Action 4S615?

No. This goodwill support program applies to all 1.0L EcoBoost engines that have experienced engine damage as a result of loss of coolant and subsequent engine overheating. It is not restricted by model. It also applies to vehicles affected by Field Service Action 4S615, even if a repair has already been carried out by a Ford Authorised Repairer.

6. If my vehicle is affected by overheating, what are the potential visible signs prior to failure?

• Steam emitting from the engine
  • Visible leak of coolant from the engine when stationary. The vehicle alert systems will notify the driver of the following:
  • temperature gauge and a warning lamp indicate an increase in temperature
  • an audible chime will alert the driver that the warning systems are above permitted levels and should the problem persist there is a textual display also alerting the driver providing a warning.
7. What should I do if any of the above occur?

Stop the vehicle safely at the side of the road as soon as you can and contact your recovery provider. You should not restart the vehicle.

8. What happens after vehicle recovery?

Your vehicle should be taken to a Ford Authorised Repairer for diagnosis of the issue.

9. I’ve already had a repair done at my expense – how do I recoup the cost of the repair?

Customers who are seeking a goodwill contribution towards the cost of repair should contact the Ford Customer Relationship Centre by e-mail to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. It will take time to re-examine previous cases therefore please bear with us as your enquiry is investigated. To enable the Team to assist with the query. Customers should include:

• Full Name
  • Full Address (inc. Post Code)
  • Telephone/Mob contact Number
  • Nature of the enquiry
  • Registration number
  • VIN Number (can be found in vehicle windscreen)
  • Have you visited a Ford Dealership already? If so, which dealer visited?
  • All paid invoices related to the repair from a Ford Dealership or, for non-Ford Dealer repairs, proof of genuine Ford Parts fitted.
10. Is this a safety recall?

This is not classified as a safety issue by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency because there are several visible signs (as described above) that the engine is beginning to overheat prior to engine shut down.

11. Why am I not entitled to a courtesy car?

There is no right to a courtesy vehicle in the event that a vehicle repair is required. We will work with our dealer network to ensure that vehicles are repaired without delay, to minimise the inconvenience to the owner. However, generally the owners of the affected vehicles will have to make their own arrangements for alternative transport.

12. How do I make contact?

Customers who are seeking a goodwill contribution towards the cost of repair should contact the Ford Customer Relationship Centre by e-mail to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>. It will take time to re-examine previous cases therefore please bear with us as your enquiry is investigated. To enable the Team to assist with the query. Customers should include:

• Full Name
  • Full Address (inc. Post Code)
  • Telephone/Mob contact Number
  • Nature of the enquiry
  • Registration number
  • VIN Number (can be found in vehicle windscreen)
  • Have you visited a Ford Dealership already? If so, which dealer visited?
  • All paid invoices related to the repair from a Ford Dealership or, for non-Ford Dealer repairs, proof of genuine Ford Parts fitted.
13. Why has it taken so long for me to receive the FSA letter from Ford?

The majority of affected customers received this letter in a timely manner based on original owner information. Changes of address and ownership can lead to delays in current registered owners receiving the letter.

14. I’ve checked on ETIS and I’ve discovered that my vehicle is the subject of another recall - 18S07. What should I do?

Safety Recall (18S07) relates to Clutch Pressure Plate Cracks

It is important that this vehicle is booked into a Ford Authorised Dealer. Your Ford Dealer will carry out a clutch pinpoint test and then carry out the required repair. There will be no charge and your dealer will do his best to minimise your inconvenience. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you and thank you for your co-operation in this important matter.

Note: We are in the process of sending out letters to customers in respect of this issue. If your vehicle is affected by Safety Recall 18S07 you will have received or will soon receive a letter notifying you of this recall.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold so few of these EcoBoost 1.0's here, and an issue that is not if but WHEN... why they wouldn't notify and stand behind the product is even more baffling. smh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts