Fiesta Faction banner

Official mountune 1.0 EcoBoost Induction Kit Interest Thread

50K views 86 replies 30 participants last post by  manonfire 
#1 ·

I've been speaking with mountune USA about the possibility of importing their newly launched Induction Kit into the US.

I'm working to drum up enough interest to present to them. Here are the details:

The mountune performance Fiesta 1.0T (100/125PS) induction kit includes a uniquely constructed aluminum air box with a secondary cold air feed point and silicone induction hose.

The air box has been engineered with features that reduce the delta pressure drop by 1.5kPa when combined with the mountune high-flow panel filter and a further 0.5kPa improvement when mated with the mountune high-flow silicone induction hose.

The mountune performance induction kit provides the foundation for further performance upgrades with an engineered approach that retains the OE appearance and reliability while providing an improvement in power, torque and releasing the addictive 3-cylinder induction note.

In addition, the mountune performance induction kit has been through our extensive test and development process with Ford which means it will not affect the base vehicle warranty - the only induction kit available on the market to do so.

Features:
  • Powder coated aluminum air box base
  • mountune high-flow air filter
  • Exclusive mountune / SamcoSport high-flow silicone induction hose
  • Porous secondary cold air feed
  • Stainless hose clamps
  • Supplied with all required hardware
  • Easy installation
  • Retains original air box cover
  • Will not affect base vehicle warranty
If this is something you would be interested in, please post in this thread. It's just to gauge interest and there is no obligation.

See less See more
#7 ·
I just re-read the post. What concern or show stopper is there for Mountune to not ship it over to the US? Their is no re-engineering of parts. I would think the additional sales / revenue / customer base would be incentive enough. As Nike said, Just Do It!!

#10 ·
Typically, legal and regulatory issues are why it's more complicated. And, testing to have it accepted into Ford Racing's warranty program I'm sure will play a part.

I'm just trying to show mountune that there is enough interest to warrant the work that will need to be done.

#27 ·
x2 here. I cannot image what the hold up is. These parts are already in production. If someone from Mountune is on here or has a direct contact, please let let us know what the real plans are.

#28 ·
Couple days ago I emailed a company called Pro Alloy. http://www.proalloy.co.uk/ To see if they had any intercoolers, exhaust, intake etc that would fit the U.S. 1.0L and there response was:

Many thanks for the inquiry. Unfortunately we don't have any products available for this model of Fiesta yet. We are however developing a new intercooler kit for the Fiesta on behalf of Mountune. Obviously this particular intercooler kit would only be available exclusively through Mountune, so it's worth contacting Mountune USA directly and keeping an eye on their website for further info on this. I hope this is okay, but please let me know if you require any further info.

Best Regards

ALEX OSBORN
MANUFACTURING DIRECTOR
PRO ALLOY MOTORSPORT LTD

So with that said, lets bombard Mountune with emails and calls. To get any details on when the parts will be available.

#29 ·
ok just received an email from Mountune:

Thanks for contacting us regarding our 1.0L EcoBoost Fiesta products.

We have the Intake upgrades in stock in our USA office. They will be available for sale later this week.

We also have our Quick Shifts in stock.
http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Quick-Shift-Fiesta-5-Speed-and-Focus-201-p/2130-bsa-aa.htm

We are working on an intercooler upgrade that will be available in several months.

The best thing to do to remain informed is to sign up for updates on our website.

http://www.mountuneusa.com/default.asp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.